Ganttic

Write a Review!
Fully customizable project resource planning software

4.4/5
4.0/5
4.2/5
Customer Support Software
4.4/5

Scott

Love Ganttic

Reviewed on 2016-12-06

As someone who is in charge of 14 technicians working throughout the country, remote communication is critical to our success. Ganttic allows me to manage an ever-changing schedule while automatically communicating the details of projects with technicians in the field. It's easy to use and customer support has been good so far. The only recommendation I would give is to provide tutorials on setting up the sync function with Google Calendar as soon as you sign up for Ganttic. It was a little trial and error at first until I was able to get in touch with customer support. A few short tips allowed me to get synced with my employees' calendars. I recommend it.

Pros

The visual scheduling for my technicians in the field and managing an ever-changing (daily and sometimes hourly) schedule. As things change, I can see who's available.

Cons

Training or tutorials could be improved. I know there is a lot more functionality than what I use, but it isn't obvious where to find the training. Report functions could be improved. When I run reports, I have a hard time filtering the reports for only the information I desire. One function I wish they had is a daily summary of how many people and jobs are scheduled. Right now, I have a separate Gant chart in excel that I use to list projects and ID my personnel demand per day. This would be beneficial in forecasting employee utilization and growth demands.

Response from Ganttic

Hi Scott!

Thank you so much for your feedback. I am glad to tell you that we have worked with our helpdesk a lot and now we have tutorials with videos and text available in our homepage. In addition, we have added the charts option to reports that should also help you with the problems you had.

• Industry: Media Production

A great cost-effective solution

Reviewed on 2023-09-29

Largely brilliant, it's served the purpose we've needed it to, however as we transition to more of a focus on budget management and capacity forecasting/tracking, we're finding that it might not be the best tool to allow us to do that.

Pros

The main pros are its inexpensiveness and ease of use. In terms of using it simply to book resource and manage a large teams' production schedules across hundreds of projects, it does the job perfectly. It also has an API available which we've made great use of to integrate with our other tools.

Cons

We have had to create some manual workarounds to get relevant reportable data out of Ganttic. We've also found that it does have a bit of a blindspot around capacity planning (there is an unassigned task area but it's global across the site, you can't have separate unassigned task areas for different teams). The mobile app is not worth your time.

Response from Ganttic

Hi!

Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback with us!

We're pleased to hear that you find Ganttic to be an affordable and user-friendly solution for resource booking and production schedule management across numerous projects. It's fantastic to know that our API has been a valuable asset for integrating with your other tools.

We totally understand the importance of reportable data and capacity planning. We're continuously working to improve our platform, and your feedback will help us address these areas. We'll take your input into consideration as we strive to enhance the user experience.

Gouranga

Overall uses

Reviewed on 2022-07-02

It a good software and easy to use

It a good software and easy to use

Pros

It is easy to use. Overall schedule shows clearly

Cons

deletion feature is very bad. Difficult to retrieve what has been deleted hence again re-enter for correction. Report feature specially dashboard should be available

Response from Ganttic

Hi Gouranga! Thank you for the positive review, as well as your feedback. We're happy you find Ganttic to be easy-to-use. Also, we can share a little trick with you on how to restore deleted tasks, resources, and projects. If you're an admin, click on the "G" symbol in the upper left corner, that's a history log of the entire planner. Click on the vertical ellipsis and you can restore what was deleted. Try it out and see if it helps. If you have any other feedback or questions, shoot us an email at [email protected].

Jakub
  • Industry: Information Services
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Review after 4 years with Ganttic

Reviewed on 2023-10-10

Pros

If you are searching for easy&fancy tool for resource/project schedule, then Ganttic is the best. We are using this tool 4+ years and developers added so many features. Support is very fast and they always know answer.

Cons

In past it was some gaps in users settings, but Ganttic add possibility to admin part and it works !!! For now i dont know about any cons.

Response from Ganttic

Thank you for sharing your experience and for being a loyal Ganttic customer, Jakub. This is what thrives our business and is much appreciated!

Jacob

• Customer Support Software

A well designed tool for all industries despite the size and type.

Reviewed on 2023-09-17

Reliability and dependability at top notch. Very secure and accurate outcome. I am happy.

Pros

I like the the dashboard. It portrays the bigger picture about this software. Very well organized features, easy to locate icons especially the notifications. I find it very flexible for customizing. Since I was in the team that implemented it, I have a full view of how easy the process is. I highly recommend.

Cons

I find Ganttic straight forward and easy to use. No challenging processes. Every features are well built to serve.

Response from Ganttic

Hi Jacob!

Thank you so much for your thoughtful review! We're thrilled to hear that you've had such a positive experience with Ganttic, especially when it comes to implementation process was smooth for your team, and we truly appreciate your recommendation.

Albert
  • Industry: Machinery

• Customer Support Software

Good product but with no integration with other software as ERP and Mobiliy service tool

Reviewed on 2023-09-29

I have a good experience but I need to have int linked/integrated with the other tools that we are using on our company.

Pros

The usability for schedule the technicians tasks

Cons

We should need to have it linked with out ERP and mobility service tool.Toay it is a disconnected tool and probably we will need to replace it for a integrated system with our tools.

Response from Ganttic

Hi Albert! Thank you for your feedback. It is possible to connect Ganttic with any third-party system via API. See documentation here: https://gantticapi.github.io/api-documentation. If you need assistance with setting up the connection or have any other questions, feel free to drop us a line at [email protected].

Luca
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

• Customer Support Software

Perfect tool to schedule your activities

Reviewed on 2023-09-29

The experience of using Ganttic is easy and intuitive. The software has greatly simplified the scheduling process, making it more efficient and precise.

Pros

Ganttic is easy to use, even for non-technical users. The interface is intuitive and offers a wide range of functionality.

Cons

Ganttic is a versatile and easy-to-use project planning software. I have not encountered any problems or negative aspects that would adversely affect my user experience.

Response from Ganttic

Thank you for your positive feedback, Luca. It definitely inspires us to move forwards.

Robert
  • Industry: Environmental Services

• Customer Support Software

Good but can be improved

Very happy with it.

Very happy with it.

Pros

Resource planning and ease of use. The fact that it is easy to add new resources and users.

Cons

The fact that the Ganttic does not remeber how each user select to show the collapsable resource view.

Response from Ganttic

Thank you for sharing the good vibes, Robert!

Stephen
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

My Ganttic review

Reviewed on 2023-10-04

I've used several types of resource management software and Ganttic is easy to use and provides a nice visual interface to easily determine staff availability and to communicate key deadlines and project information.

Pros

Management of a lot of short-term tasks across a large team. Easy to view gantt chart, with easy accss to critical project information.

Cons

It is currently separate from our other systems, so in some ways is a duplication of work to keep up with key information in Ganttic as well.

Response from Ganttic

Thank you for the insightful feedback, Stephen. As for connecting Ganttic and other tools to keep some data in sync, have you explored the API option that allows this? It is already used by a lot of other Ganttic customer who also rely on third-party applications for their resource management. You can see API documentation here: https://gantticapi.github.io/api-documentation. Explore this option and let me know if you need further assistance with setting up the connection: [email protected].

Vaibhav
Vaibhav

• Customer Support Software

Ganttic has given me in terms of resource planning software what I needed - ease of use,...

Reviewed on 2018-01-19

resource and staff utilisation is moving, given more visibility to who is doing what and how can we best utilise staff. Gives me MIS easily.

Pros

ease of use,
MIS,
customisation
customer support
web link could be used from anywhere
ability to generate different views

Cons

ability to link to ERP

mobile app is not that great and needs to be worked so that user can use it from anywhere

Response from Ganttic

Hi Vaibhav!

Thank you for the feedback you provided. We also have an Ganttic app that can be downloaded via Google Play or Apple store. Just to give you heads up about our developments, then we are at the moment working on making our web-site mobile responsible. Thus, I hope that the problems that you brought forth will be solved in the near future.

Tanner

• Customer Support Software

Ganttic is what every resource management software should aspire to be.

Reviewed on 2022-01-05

I have spent the last 5 years looking for software to allow our mid-sized contracting firm to organize our schedule further out than one month. We were using three different products to poorly emulate what Ganttic does. One of them was google calendar and Ganttic has very good calendar sync features which make our transition pretty seamless.

Pros

- It allows the whole company to schedule multiple projects in one place and easily see potential bottlenecks.

- Outstanding customizability.

- Super helpful support team.

- Really well thought out. If the software works a certain way, it's usually because of a very smart reason.

Cons

- Unattractive UI.
- A few weird limitations on the gantt chart. They were very receptive to requests for change on this.

Response from Ganttic

Thank you for the positive review, Tanner. Regarding the UI, you are welcome to suggest any improvements and ideas that would make Ganttic more intuitive to use.

Hans
  • Industry: Media Production

Simple but efficient

Reviewed on 2017-01-17

My task was to get a fast and clear overview on available staff and work that needs being done. SO I started to set up a resource called "Tasks not assigned" and then added all my people to the system. Now anyone can add a task and I can easily assign these tasks to available people, while at the same time being aware of availability of resources. My crew has "read-only" access, so they know exactly what is going on, where their colleagues are and what will happen in the coming weeks. This is NOT a project management tool, which I don't need, as I need to keep track of resources rather than projects!

Pros

Web-based, real-time update on changes, clear structure

Cons

I had some issues with "all-day" tasks and local timezones. To overcome this, my PC is now set to the Timezone of the company's HQ. I would like a more flexible User model. If I have 1 resource more than the license allows, I need to buy the complete next package, which is over the top for me.

Response from Ganttic

Hi Hans!

Thank you for the review! We are glad that Ganttic helps you to get an overview of your staff. You can actually choose a timezone you want to plan in, in the planner, too: http://ganttic.com/blog/new-feature-time-traveling-now-available-in-ganttic

Hope that helps!

Dan

Using Ganttic for Resource Management

Reviewed on 2022-06-28

Ganttic meets the core needs I have around resource management. At times things are a little clunky but far better than managing from a spreadsheet.

Pros

I purchased Ganttic for the easy drag and drop resource management capabilities and it delivers on the basic needs. It replaces what used to be managed via spreadsheet.

Cons

Sometime the dragging of bars to denote a time period for a resource snaps back to different dates than planned and I have to make multiple attempts to drag it to the proper days.

Response from Ganttic

Thank you for the nice review, Dan!

Jason
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Great Staff Time Planning Tool

Reviewed on 2017-01-06

We use Ganttic to coordinate and plan staffing for an office of 25 architects. It works well for us because everyone can fill out his/her own row for a couple of weeks in advance of staffing meetings and then we can fill in blanks and move projects around during our weekly staffing meetings. No other tool has been as helpful.

Pros

Ability to view graphically people's time allocations and potential conflicts or down times.

Cons

It's a little tedious. We don't manage time periods down to 15-minute intervals so that level of precision is not needed. For those who use the website regularly, it is not an issue.

Response from Ganttic

Hi Jason!

Thank you for the feedback.

Just to give you heads up that from the settings you can change timing options and set default time interval for example to and hour or a day.

I hope this helps.

Cole
  • Industry: Semiconductors

Ganttic for field service resource planning

Reviewed on 2022-06-23

I enjoy using Ganttic as it helps our team effectively manage their resources and projects.

Pros

Ganttic enables our field service manager to effectively schedule maintenance visits, system installations, and time off. We are also able to calculate their travel rates and utilization percentages using the reporting feature to manage their time on the road.

Cons

I would like to see more feature enhancements being developed, like the ability to link the resource schedules to ADP to automatically track time off.

Response from Ganttic

Thank you for the great review, Cole!

We are glad to hear that Ganttic helps you solve different issues at one place.

Also thank you for the feature enhancement suggestions, will keep that in mind.

Zhuravlev
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

• Customer Support Software

Very useful tool for production planning. Simple and straightforward.

Reviewed on 2018-01-23

Hundreds of people work and receive assignments in a system with the ability to instantly change the products that should be done at a given moment, depending on the arrival of components, design documentation and number of employees. This link makes our production very flexible and mobile.

Pros

Ease of operation, good visualization. Ability to customize for your enterprise. While this is the best in operational planning for the ratio of labor to the result.

Cons

Poor integration with the Russian language in terms of imports. I would like more functionality in terms of monitoring the execution of tasks (spent time performing tasks)

Response from Ganttic

Hi Andrey!

Thank you for the feedback you provided.

I can imagine that it might cause problems that our service is in English only. However, our support is more than happy to help you with any issues that might emerge.

Bryan
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Project portfolio management wirhout getting into the weeds

Reviewed on 2022-06-23

Pros

We use Ganttic to forecast our project portfolio, not daily tasks. It is simple to learn and easy to use. Not bloated with bells and whistles that make other software difficult and expensive.

Cons

Would like to set repetitive tasks that can autopopulate colors and duration.

Response from Ganttic

Thank you for the great review, Bryan!

Please find more information about the recurring tasks from here: https://support.ganttic.com/helpdesk/features/tasks/recurring-tasks

If you will need further assistance, please turn to [email protected]

Rahul
  • Industry: Graphic Design Software
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Ganttic - A must for organised people!

Reviewed on 2016-12-06

After we started using Ganttic a few years ago we have grown to love every aspect of the scheduling tool. It's great for planning, logging, and pulling reports on all aspects of our choosing. Customer support is quick and efficient, and I love the way they strive to make improvements.

I recommend trying Ganttic, you'll be hooked especially once you see how competitively priced it is. 10/10

Pros

Ease of use, price, and functionality

Cons

When you move a job from one resource to another or edit it the notes icon indicates it's been read when it hasn't

Response from Ganttic

Hi Rahul!

Thank you so much for the feeback. I believe that the issue you brought forth has been resolved now :)

Haylie
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Great for scheduling

Reviewed on 2022-06-23

I have been using Ganttic for about a year now and it makes it easy to schedule field staff and track project schedules. The interface is fairly intuitive and allows me to manage a large amount of employees easily.

Pros

The thing I like most about this software is how easy it is to manage and track multiple resources. Additionally, I like the organizational features.

Cons

I think the use interface could be better. Also I didn't find the mobile app to be easy to use.

Response from Ganttic

Thank you for the review, Haylie!

We are currently developing our mobile app and during this year it will have a gantt chart view available also. Hopefully it will make soon your fieldwork easier to grasp via mobile too!

Matt
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Great for our business!

Reviewed on 2022-06-28

Customer service is phenominal

Customer service is phenominal

Pros

Ease of use, user management, resource capacity and scheduling

Cons

The mobile app is quirky - does not seem to be robust. The desktop version is awesome!

Response from Ganttic

Thank you for the great review, Matt!

We are always happy to help!

About the mobile app - during this year some major updates will come out! Will keep you updated for sure!

Joshua

• Customer Support Software

Project Scheduling for the remodeling industry.

Reviewed on 2017-01-05

We've been using Ganttic for our scheduling for a couple of years now. Most scheduling systems schedule by assigning resources to projects, but Ganttic allows us to schedule the projects to available resources. They are also constantly adding features. The latest we've implemented is an automatic email to our subcontractors of the schedule so as to keep them informed.

Response from Ganttic

Hi Joshua!

Thank you again so much for the good feedback.

Feel free to contact us at anytime if you have any questions or recommendations.

Mike

Great management tool

Reviewed on 2016-12-06

I've used Ganttic in a previous organization so when I moved I knew it was a great tool. It's simple to add and remove resources and to assign time and projects. Reporting has come a long way and now has some great features.

Pros

Ease of use, value for money, reporting

Cons

Strong visual colours could be better as pastels

Response from Ganttic

Hi Mike!

Thank you so much for the feedback you provided. I feel that now we have solved the issue with colors :)

Manuel

Ganttic proved to be the better alternative than all these old-school Excelsheets for resource...

Reviewed on 2018-01-29

Visibility about resource situation across teams.

Visibility about resource situation across teams.

Pros

Easy to set up and very straight forward licensing. It helped to gain multi-user editing and visibility across the different teams.

Cons

Quite hard to learn initially, making it hard for new users without proper introduction. The requirement to drag'n'drop to create a new entry is counter-intuitive, especially as click and right-click do not trigger any action.

Response from Ganttic

Hi Manuel!

Thank you for the feedback.

If you still have some things that confuse your users, we would be more than happy to help you guys from the customer support side.

Feel free to book at anytime a free personalized Ganttic demo from here: https://www.ganttic.com/personal-demo

Philipp
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

simple resource planning

Reviewed on 2020-06-25

Pros

easy to implement and setup. good Matrix view from Projects and Resources. exclent for planning multiple projects in multiple teams.

Cons

missing handling of subtasks.
an additional level in grouping of resources would be great.

Response from Ganttic

Hi Philipp!

Thank you for the feedback and we are happy that Ganttic works as a planning tool.

In addition, thank you for the feedback provided. We have analyzed tha possibility of adding subtask and when it is ok, will come back to you in the future in this regard to analyze your needs more in depth.

carlos
  • Industry: Automotive

Gantic Review

Reviewed on 2022-06-27

Very helpful in service planning

Very helpful in service planning

Pros

Visibility and organization are very nice.

Cons

Dates and calendar can be difficult to use sometimes

Response from Ganttic

Thank you for the great review, Carlos!

We are glad to hear that you see the benefit of visuality that Ganttic offers.