Ganttic

Resource scheduling and management. Multi-project planning.

4.3/5

Jeremy H.
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Ganttic Review

Reviewed on 2020-01-19

saving time with live updates to the technician workloads and not requiring to send them schedules and amended schedules

Pros

changing required details for large job scales and rescheduling small jobs between technicians

Cons

restricted options in views to see technicians workloads together

Response from Ganttic

Hi Jeremy!

Thank you for your feedback.

To be honest, I believe that we have the functionality you are looking for:
A) For seeing technicians workload together, we would advice to group your technicians with the help of resource custom data fields: https://www.ganttic.com/helpdesk/features/resources/resources-custom-data-fields
B) Maybe you do not have the permissions to see that information?

Either way, if something remained confusing, feel free to write us at anytime from [email protected] or book a free demo from here: https://www.ganttic.com/personal-demo

Gillian W.

• Customer Support Software

Excellent functionality, but many bugs and no integration

Reviewed on 2020-06-29

I can't find any other software like it - it provides a truly unique functionality. Although we will only use it in the short term for main project planning because of the lack of integration, this will become a go-to for me for side initiatives and personal projects.

Pros

I love the flexibility in how I can view the data, and that it all fits in my screen so I can see the whole picture at once. Extremely helpful for planning and team coordination.

Cons

Since this doesn't integrate with Jira, I have to duplicate all work that I do. That is just not sustainable as we scale.

There are also quite a few bugs that make it very hard to use until you get used to a bunch of workarounds, and it slows down usage so that it takes me longer to make adjustments than it should - although I've noticed several bugs were fixed recently.

Response from Ganttic

Thank you for the feedback! There's no direct connection with Jira but since our user-base requires integration with various third-party tools we instead offer the API (application programming interface) that allows to build user-defined custom connections with any third-party software: https://www.ganttic.com/helpdesk/api. Due to technical complexity, some bugs can be patched more quickly than others but all of them will be eventually addressed and the reporter will be notified accordingly. Until the bugs are patched, possible workarounds are offered to assure the end-user is still able to use Ganttic in the meanwhile.

Vaibhav M.

• Customer Support Software

Ganttic has given me in terms of resource planning software what I needed - ease of use,...

Reviewed on 2018-01-19

resource and staff utilisation is moving, given more visibility to who is doing what and how can we best utilise staff. Gives me MIS easily.

Pros

ease of use,
MIS,
customisation
customer support
web link could be used from anywhere
ability to generate different views

Cons

ability to link to ERP

mobile app is not that great and needs to be worked so that user can use it from anywhere

Response from Ganttic

Hi Vaibhav!

Thank you for the feedback you provided. We also have an Ganttic app that can be downloaded via Google Play or Apple store. Just to give you heads up about our developments, then we are at the moment working on making our web-site mobile responsible. Thus, I hope that the problems that you brought forth will be solved in the near future.

Nick S.

• Customer Support Software

Works very well with our senior management team to plan our workflow for our team

Reviewed on 2018-01-19

Pros

Easy to share amongst the team. Easy to learn in the first place and update. Good to see our team's workload by team, person or by project. The price point makes it a very attractive option. Only tries to do one thing well.

Cons

It is a little clunky - not as slick looking as some other options. Big jump in price between the cheapest options and the more expensive ones

Response from Ganttic

Hi Nick!

Thank you for the feedback that you provided.

Oe option to make the price step smaller would also be to use the option to archive the resources. Thus, you do not need to hold active all the resources that you do not use all the time.

Thomas D.
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Ganttic Review

Reviewed on 2017-01-05

I have been using Ganttic for a couple years now I think it is a great tool and I would never want to go without it. the web version of Ganttic I am really impressed with, the Ganttic app I really expected more. What the app does have is great I was expecting to be able to see the schedule for all of the guys as a whole instead of just seeing the individuals schedule that you click on also I was expecting to be able to make schedule changes on the app version as well. Maybe I am wrong and you can do all of this stuff I just got the app and haven't played with it much so I could be wrong here. Thank you.

Pros

being able to schedule multiple people on the same job and also looking at an expanded view and seeing 1-2-3 weeks ahead

Cons

I wish that when I have multiple resources on one task I could change 1 individual resources timeline and not affect the others. For example, I have 3 employees scheduled for Monday Tuesday and Wednesday on one job, when I need to change just one of those 3 employees to say work only Monday and Tuesday I have to delete that task from that resource and create a new one to show only the two days instead of the three.

Response from Ganttic

Hi Thomas!

Thank you for the feedback you provided.

I just wanted to give you heads up that this is possible in Ganttic. For this you just need to use the checkmarks next to a resource.

Does this work for you?

Alia L.

• Customer Support Software

Great project management tool!

Reviewed on 2018-01-22

Pros

Easy to get started with and amazing for tracking asset (either physical assets or employees) to manage allocation. Great for team tracking with events!

Cons

We haven't done much pushing the limits of what's possible on Ganttic and don't have much experience in its overall flexibility or tying in with other tools

Response from Ganttic

Hi Alia!

Thank you so much for the feedback that you provided.

If you want to discover Ganttic more, feel free to schedule a personalized demo of Ganttic from here: https://www.ganttic.com/personal-demo

Would be more than happy to introduce functionalities and possibilities of Ganttic that you might have missed.

Peter C.

• Customer Support Software

Great tool that have helped us with our efficiency

Reviewed on 2016-12-06

The tool has completely changed our business and made us more profitable. I just miss three things: 1. follow-up on archived projects (without the first need to dear chive them). 2. The Bigger field for describing a project (maybe attach pictures) 3. Generate project number.

Pros

Showing use of resources to the whole organization

Cons

See comment before about my 3 wishes.

Response from Ganttic

Hi Peter!

Thank you so much for your feedback.

Will try to answer the questions you had: 1) With link type of field it is possible to attach photos and also files. Would this work for you? 2) One options for that would be to use project custom data fields.Would this work for you?

Tj W.
  • Industry: Media Production

• Customer Support Software

Ganttic is the answer to a large install team scheduling and planning

Reviewed on 2018-01-19

This software's benefit to us is allows us to forecast upcoming installation project and see when we need to hire contractors and/or additional resources.

Pros

It's been a really great tool for scheduling our teams. We can push the calendar to them as well there is an app. The last tool we had was only computer accessible not helpful to the guys in the field. We have really made use of this tool in our planning out when we can fit jobs into our ever changing schedule. It's feature filled and very flexible.

Cons

The biggest con was that you could change the schedule from you calendar feed for each person. There are few people this is fine but most of our integrators really should only be able view it not edit it.

Response from Ganttic

Hi TJ!

Thank you for the feedback you provided.

I believe that the solution for the problem you brought forth would be just to set different user permission for editing.

Read more from here: https://www.ganttic.com/helpdesk/features/users

David B.

• Customer Support Software

All we need is within Ganttic

Reviewed on 2016-12-15

We are a company with employees across the planet. We need to know where each employee travels to which customer, so we can schedule all our planning.

Pros

In a quick view we see what we need to see

Cons

We can not create events in batch for each resources

Response from Ganttic

Hi David!

Thank you for the feedback you provided. If you want to create an event (task) for a batch of resources then next to each resource we have checkmarks. Just check them while creating a task. This should solve your problem.

Charles G.

Love the software!

Reviewed on 2018-01-25

visually manage my team's time

Pros

I have been using Ganttic for a couple of years, and despite my that organisation has forced us to use another tool, I went back to it to me going for my team easily.

Roland G.

• Customer Support Software

Very useful software for managing our company resources

Reviewed on 2016-12-06

We've been using Ganttic as a company on and off for the last 2 years and found it very useful for managing our engineer's diaries.

Pros

The resource view

Cons

Printing options

Response from Ganttic

Hi Roland!

Thank you for your feedback. For printing you need to use your web browser printing options. Are you having problems with that?

Chris Z.

• Customer Support Software

Easy to use ERP, cheap and efficient, great to customise to your company needs.

nice task/calendar overview
Sharing and app function
Customise user rights
Customised to with own specifics

Cons

Would be really nice to add files to a task ( pdf, jpg, sheets etc)
Would be nice to customise app notifications. Now it's just a on/off function, this leads (in my case) to a notification every time a user as much as views a task.

Response from Ganttic

Hi Chris!

Thank you for the feedback you provided.

One option to add tasks would be to use the task custom data field (Type: Link) and attach via link the files you need.

Tom J.
  • Industry: Media Production

Ganttic for media productions

Reviewed on 2020-06-22

Pros

I like that Ganttic is project based and provides a lot of reporting for managing time spent on a project

Cons

The two way syncing with Microsoft outlook doesn't work as well as I'd hoped for and a feature we had to turn off in the end

Response from Ganttic

Hi Tom!

Thank you for the feedback you provided and we are happy that Ganttic works for you.

About the Outlook sync - we are constantly improving and hopefully this will work for you as planned in the near future. Any specific kind of feedback that would help us in our development efforts would be highly appreciated.

Robert G.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Small use, but seduced

Reviewed on 2019-01-18

Too early to make a real thought, but a very nice and beautiful promise of a tool to organize actions in the construction / architectural sector (coordination, organization, etc.)

Pros

- Sync with Google calendar (both sides)
- Web-App approach (very fluent use)
- Very complete help book / tutorial
- Great freedom of uses (parametrization)

Cons

- it takes some time to understand how things are working
- implementation of items is important, see how to improve this (cf. ToDoIst shortcuts)
- graphic is basic (but it is not a cons :) old fashion way is simple, basic... good also :)

Response from Ganttic

Dear Robert!

Thank you so much for the feedback you provided.

We are happy for the pros you brought fort.

Could you specify what you meant on the ToDoIst shortcuts?

We appreciate your feedback!

Vincenzo P.

• Customer Support Software

Great cloud solution for resource planning

Reviewed on 2016-12-12

I was looking for a cloud solution for resource planning, easy to use and effective graphical representation of the activities.

Response from Ganttic

Dear Vincenzo,

Thank you so much for your feedback. If we can assist you with anything else, feel free to contact us at anytime.

Christin W.

Great for GC work

Reviewed on 2016-12-06

We have enjoyed this schedule for our crew members. It makes it easier to see where all of my guys are at every day.

Response from Ganttic

Hi Christin!

Thank you so much for your feedback. Feel free to contact us at anytime with additional inquiries.

Benjamin A.
  • Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

The project management software

Reviewed on 2019-12-03

Project management software that makes the job you're waiting

Pros

An online spftware tha can be used from everywhere. Its graphic display allow you to get all your project maangement data ina few seconds

Cons

Sometimes a bit tricky to use because of all the data you can visualize. You need a bit of time to use it properly

Response from Ganttic

Thank you Ben for your kind feedback!

We know that Ganttic needs to get used with and we are happy to help you with any questions you might have.

Devon C.

• Customer Support Software

A solid effort, good match for my needs

Reviewed on 2016-12-07

I needed a simple, cloud-based asset tracker without a lot of overhead or unnecessary stuff. Ganttic fits the bill nicely. It doesn't have a ton of features but what's there is very easy to use. This is important for gaining widespread use in the organization.

I don't want to ask for feature bloat to damage ease-of-use, but one thing I'm finding I need is the ability for users to have edit rights on some assets but not others.

Pros

Simplicity and cloud mode.

Cons

Occasional bugs in the UI; pretty expensive for what it is.

Response from Ganttic

Hi Devon!

Thank you for the review! Happy to see that you find Ganttic easy to use! That's what we are aiming for.

You can actually edit user rights for each resource: http://ganttic.com/helpdesk/features/users/user-types-and-default-rights-1

Thommy B.

Customer service US

Reviewed on 2016-12-06

Very good tool, simple but also have a lot of features.
I like that I can drag and drop projects from one user to another. Easy to create different views of my people and different departments. It works for an overview and detailed views. You quickly see the department's utilization and for our VP he can see the total utilization.

Pros

Easy to use and Price

Response from Ganttic

Hi Thommy!

Thank you for your warm feedback. Would be happy to help you always with further questions.

Veletta B.
  • Industry: Higher Education Software

• Customer Support Software

This tool is easy to use and setup. My team members that manage resources like the ease of use.

Reviewed on 2018-01-25

Pros

It allows quick entry of time against task and you can also put in % of time. Most applications want exact hours. This tool is great for medium to small size organizations. Its very flexible and doesn't require a lot of up front set up.

Cons

Exporting of reports. It should export the fields across, one row for each record so that its easy to analyze the data in Excel.

Response from Ganttic

Hi Veletta!

Thank you for the feedback.

About exporting, what do you mean that "It should export the fields across"?

In Ganttic you can export everything to a CSV format that gives you the opportunity to easily process the data in later stages. Would be more than happy to go through this with you once again.

Andrew C.
  • Used for 1-5 months

• Customer Support Software

Pretty robust platform. Took a little while to get used to but fine after that.

Reviewed on 2018-01-25

Pros

It's obviously made with a real project manager in mind. Covers just about every use-case scenario one would ever need in an agile environment.

Cons

In my experience with it, there wasn't an option to create tasks within a project that were internal/not client-facing.

Response from Ganttic

Hi Andrew!

Thank you for the feedback. What some new users might miss in the beginning is that for creating tasks inside the project you can use:

1) Projects view (https://www.ganttic.com/helpdesk/features/projects/projects-list)

2) Single project view (https://www.ganttic.com/helpdesk/features/projects/project-views)

Would this work for you?

David W.

• Customer Support Software

This program is very good to help me visualize scheduling of all the tasks

Reviewed on 2018-01-29

Pros

Easy to get to learn works great. Provides a great visual of how to schedule upcoming tasks very easy to make changes and updates

Alex B.

• Customer Support Software

Smart easy to use fast performing online Resourceplanning tool!

Reviewed on 2016-12-06

Works great, tasks easy to set up and assign resources to projects, especially the reporting tool adds value! We looking forward to further integration with our SharePoint project sites to share resource details on top of budget info from our ERP!

Response from Ganttic

Hi Alex!

Thank you so much for your feedback. I am happy to tell you that API is in our development plans. Will keep you updated with the developments.

Jenny L.
  • Used for 1-5 months

• Customer Support Software

Simple to use, easy to overview

Reviewed on 2018-01-22

Pros

Very easy to manage. The resource overview is super simple. Connecting users' Outlook to Ganttic removed all need of admin for users.

Cons

For my small org it doesn't add any extra value. My resources share their Outlook calendars which gimes me the same outcome without another tool.
Not too fond of the name.

Response from Ganttic

Hi Jenny!

Thank you for the feedback and I am happy that Outlook function works for you.

Would be happy to answer any questions that you might have in regards to Ganttic.

Stacey B.

It's better than most

Reviewed on 2016-12-06

Ganttic provides views that no other software seems to offer. It still feels a little clunky at first, but it does get easier as you get used to it. The color coding is helpful. The hours/time entry is still clunky.

Pros

The different resourcing views

Cons

Entering the time required for each resource. Calculations for percentages still feel clunky.

Response from Ganttic

Hi Stacey!

Thank you so much for your feedback. For new users it might take time in the beginning to fully understand the timing options.

Here is just a short article that might help: https://www.ganttic.com/helpdesk/features/tasks/task-timing-tools

Feel free to contact us at anytime with further inquiries.