Avaza

All-in-one, client-focused project management for teams.

4.6 /5 (352 reviews) Write a Review!

Cameron N.

Great Project Management Tool for small teams

Reviewed on 2019-06-23

I found Avaza through G Suite, and I am sooooo glad I did! It is a VERY well full feature application for small teams for the cost. Unfortunately, I no longer have the G Suite account, but I still use Avaza...was NOT about to let it go!
The features are rich, it does a lot, allows for customization and flexibility...and I am sure I still haven't discovered other things it is capable of doing because it was so easy to get in and start keeping track of projects...I honestly haven't had time to go in-depth with other features.
I have a very small company with my partner and it is great. Clients (who do not have PM app experience or technical knowledge) were able to easily get in and understand what they needed to do....it is great!

Pros

Ease of use, flexibility, features, customization options.

Cons

Add-on costs...I still don't understand how it is that if I add an additional administrator, why they are not part of the Scheduling User as well. If they are an Admin, they should be everything as well. It seems odd.

Lauren G.
  • Industry: Design

Streamlining studio processes

Reviewed on 2019-09-26

Before we discovered Avaza, we were seriously looking into designing and developing our own software because we just couldn't find one programme that did everything we needed. It's early days, but I'm very optimistic that Avaza is going to save us from having to take on that huge project!

Pros

As a young company, we are learning every day. We want the software we use to have a wealth of features, so that our team members only need to have one window open. Previously, we were having to use slack for one thing, 10,000ft for another, and excel to track timesheets. It just wasn't streamlined. We're only very new to Avaza, but so far it looks as though it might be the answer to all our previous issues.

Cons

This isn't a con of the software, as such, but we're used to how we used to do things and now we're having to learn something new, around our actual jobs! So, the change is currently causing extra work, but that will settle down.
As a design studio, we are mostly visual people, so I do find the schedule views quite hard to follow. The team view is actually easier for me, but as a user I don't have access to that. Also, we collaborate daily, so being able to see what everyone is working on would just be an added benefit.

Giles S.
  • Industry: Graphic Design Software

Best project management system out there 5*

Reviewed on 2019-12-18

Really good on the whole. Love the fact that I can estimate, proj manage and invoice from the same system.

Pros

It's a complete solution and shares most of the best features of it's competitors. The fact that you can not only project manage but also use it for account keeping is a game changer. Very reasonable pricing too. Best product on the market be a LOOOOOONG way!

Cons

I use the estimates to generate my projects. If you have to make changes to the estimate (eg. client asks for something additional within a project) you cannot update the project you created and have to make a whole new project and then manually update any time you have captured against tasks. Bit painful that.

Justinas J.
  • Industry: Legal Services

• Customer Support Software

Avaza works great for law firms

Reviewed on 2020-02-18

We have moved to Avaza from the model were we used much more expensive PM software and our own billing software. Super happy about having everyting in one place

Pros

We were struggling to find a PM software that would have decent billing capabilites. In Avaza billing functionality is on par with dedicated billing services, furthermore it is fully adoptable to any language (i.e. we issue avaza invoices in lithuanian language)

Cons

Time input could be easier, on the other hand, as vast majority of our projects are billed by fixed fee arrangements, the reason maybe be that we just didn't use it that much.

Jitendra S.
  • Industry: Design

• Customer Support Software

We as a startup company were looking for 360 degree solution.

Reviewed on 2018-04-12

Our startup company PowerPoint Geek. We started using this software from day 1. In between we tried another software and our customers were not happy. The reason was they were not able to pay from other software. Our customer asked to send invoice from Avaza only. As they find it very easy to make payment online from the direct invoice web version link.

Pros

We found Avaza from google. First we tried a free trial and after that we subscribe for premium. We send customer estimates and invoices from Avaza. Also, whenever someone approves or disapprove estimates is done directly from the online web version of estimates. When we send customer a invoice, he can directly make paypal payment from the web version and it get updated directly to our dashboard. Now we have started using projects to assign task to our designer and that also work great. Live support are quick to reply.

PowerPoint Geek are permanent member of this software and we are quite comfortable in using this software.

Cons

No Cons. Really good online software. We have tried many other and found this to be the best. So no cons at all.

Debjit B.

• Customer Support Software

A simple and powerful client and project manager.

Reviewed on 2018-11-27

I just love the simple easy to setup approach. I can set up and start using the software within days, and there are no learning curves. I just used their project management and time tracking which is great. I can recommend my customer/user to use this service so they can simplify their task. I am still trying this and getting some awesome result.

Pros

Simple and clean setup is what I can set up easily. I like the simple wizard just in front of me and all the process updates are in front of me. The UI is clear simple and just workes as they should be. I love the minimalistic and to the point menu of it. Menu structure is also just in front of me, no more finding or take a note for just a menu. And yes it really does what it tells even in the free plan it is so much initiative then others I have tried. Project management and Time tracking are what I use most of the time and just workes. I am happy that I gave this a try.

Cons

Reports can be improved. I am not very comfortable with the report features. I just get confused and get lost with so much reporting options. Also, I think the report should be under every particular subject.

Response from Avaza Software

Hi Debjit,

I am glad to let you know that the reports module got a major upgrade. All reports are organised under each major category.

Commonly used reports can be saved with filter values and can be scheduled for email delivery as well.

Avaza now supports more than 50+ insightful reports with all the information at your fingertips.

Please feel free to reach out to our friendly customer support team with further feedback via direct chat from within the app or on our website.

• Customer Support Software

I enjoy using this app for my team projects. It's one of those apps that makes you so...

Reviewed on 2017-12-20

I realy enjoy this app and the support is great. I guess I would just say that it's to bad it took me 6 hours to find it because if I would of found it first I would of saved 6 hours.

Pros

I wanted to share my positive experience getting started with Avaza.
I spent about 4-6 hours searching for a system that would enable my team to manage our internal and external projects of ppc ads and email marketing campaign projects. I played with many apps that were missing some of the features I was looking for. I finally came across Avaza and was so happy since it had exactly what I was looking for!

After getting excited about all the valuable features I was amazed to see that support was a top notch 5 star integral part of the service that is on-board 24/7. I was welcomed the minute I logged in followed by another rep. that answered kindly and professionally all my initial questions. I was so happy with the customer service and the wonderful product that I signed up immediately for the webinar that took place the following day. The webinar support agent was very kind and professional and gave me a one hour, one on one webinar answering all my questions and giving me great tips to get started. I see myself using Avaza for many years to come as well as recommending it to all my friends and associates.

Wishing all lots of productive and happy moments

Brendon B.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

• Customer Support Software

Excellent, full of features and inexpensive.

Reviewed on 2016-08-29

I've been a web development contractor for 5 years. Software for project-planning, time-tracking, invoicing... believe me I've tried them all. Avaza has all of the above rolled into one software. The monthly subscription is pennies compared to what I was spending on multiple other softwares and the time it took to move information around.

Pros

Avaza is simple, clean, and intuitive. Time tracking is stolen straight from Harvest, time items are straight from project management tasks, and invoices are inherently customizable by populating from tracked time or manually entering expenses. There is also recurring invoicing and online payment links. The Avaza team is always rolling out some new features and honing the UI, plus email or ticket support has been at most an hour delay.

Cons

I used to have a small list of cons, but I sent them as ideas to the Avaza team and they actually built what I needed. Awesome.

Angel H.

Avaza user

Reviewed on 2019-10-23

Great experience all in one capabilities

Pros

It does exactly what I need it to do when collaborating with customers

Cons

Everything is great nothing to dislike. It offers all I need!

Scott W.

Strong platform

Reviewed on 2020-05-21

I had given up the search to find a platform that combined project management and timekeeping. Avaza offers that combo with much more robust features and flexibility than I had expected.

Pros

After two years of searching for a timekeeping platform to compliment our production management platform we happened upon Avaza. It compares fairly well with Asana and ClickUp, especially considering the lower price point. But what it may lack in super fancy project management features it more than makes up for in the timekeeping functions. We are still newbies to Avaza, but so far we really like what we see.

Cons

We have found *most* of the reports we have needed and found them to be quite helpful. That said, a few more dashboard widgets and more reporting functionality would be nice.

Stacy B.
  • Industry: Executive Office

Love Avaza

Reviewed on 2020-10-05

I am able to bill hours and pay others so much easier!

Pros

I like how user friendly it is once setup and how it allows for tracking by multiple people on multiple projects. Similar platforms would have cost me much more.

Cons

It was a bit daunting to get everything setup and customized the way I needed it.

Response from Avaza Software

Hi Stacy, thanks for your review. We would love to learn more about the daunting bits during the initial setup.

Our friendly support team is available 24/7 to assist you with the configuration of your account or any questions you may have along the way totally free.

Please free to reach out to us via instant chat from inside the app or email us on [email protected]

Ahmad S.

The Perfect Project Management Platform for Small Businesses

Reviewed on 2017-03-04

Migrated to Avaza from another larger PSA cloud platform, and amazed at the ease of use - the workflow and intuitiveness is on a whole different level and there's really no handholding needed to figure out your way around Avaza.

It's really designed for small teams that need a project management tool to loop the whole team together but not be bloated with so many other unnecessary 'extras' that you wouldn't use. This also translates to a very affordable and value for money subscription plan that's clear and provides everything that you need.

My only (very minor) complaint is that the mobile app is not a native app and so it's a little bit unwieldy to use (eg pressing back on the phone messes up with the Javascript loads). Apart from that, the team has been using Avaza for nearly 3 months now and are very satisfied with Avaza's simplicity, intuitiveness and adaptability. Keep it up, Avaza team!

Pros

Very easy to use and responsive support team. Quick way to record time and match against items.

Cons

Mobile app is not native. Task swim lane view breaks the screen going sideways.

Brandon B.

• Customer Support Software

All in one project management (Avaza)

Reviewed on 2016-09-09

Avaza was a big leap for our company. We went from dealing with excel to overpaying for Harvest. We were able to leverage the same features (improved too!) for less. Avaza truly is an all-in-one scalable solution.

Pros

We're really fond of Avaza'z ability to play multiple roles at once. Not only does if function as a standalone billing department, but it also allows a team of consultants to manage their billable time and expenses.

Cons

Avaza does most things great, though they fall a little short when it comes to historical data. Historical data should be treated as a documented yet ever changing log. Instead, it's frozen in time and unmanagable. I believe Avaza could come up with a better solution for this.

Rahat D.
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

• Customer Support Software

Great experience so far, still experimenting with features and functionality.

Reviewed on 2018-03-12

More structure to our organisation.

Pros

Avaza's greatest strength is its web interface which is simple and elegant, and easy to navigate. It has most of the features you could want from this kind of software, without being bogged down with too many options and a long setup or learning curve. It would be most suitable for a small organisation. Furthermore, it is continually developing and we will likely see more functionality and upgrades as time goes on.

Cons

It can be a little inflexible in what it allows you to do, or to get away with. For example when setting up projects or allocating time entries to them, there are too many boxes that must be filled in - in particular the time entry section could be more efficient and intuitive. But these are minor niggles.

Response from Avaza Software

Hi Rahat,
Thanks for your review!

Just to clarify, the only information needed for a timesheet is the Project, Timesheet Category and duration. Everything else is optional unless your account admin chooses otherwise.

Kara H.

Great for Gantt charts!

Reviewed on 2018-11-01

I manage multiple year-long grant funded projects and I needed a method for managing the various tasks and deadlines throughout the grant year. I was also looking for something to help me keep track of long-term goals for our organization and make sure we are meeting benchmarks along the way. I looked at dozens of software options, but Avaza was the only one I found with a free version that would allow me to view my tasks in a simple list format as well as in a long term gantt chart. There are many other features that I am not fully implementing (quotes, expenses, invoicing, inventory, etc) but I do use the timesheet function to log the amount of time I spend on tasks. I am currently the only user with my organization so the 5 project limit (with the free version) is enough to meet my needs. I have only been using the software for a couple weeks, but so far I am really enjoying it! I especially love that I can see a visual representation of my projects in the gantt chart. I can't wait to print off a PDF for my boss!

Pros

Gantt Chart feature
Timesheet feature
iCal sync

Cons

Limited to 5 projects on the free version

Daniel V.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

• Customer Support Software

One glance project overview and time management made easy

Reviewed on 2020-01-13

We use Avaza to manage our projects for different clients (mainly to keep track of different tasks and assign them to different team members). Our other main use of the app is time tracking, every team member registers hours spent working on different projects and tasks in the app.
Also of great help is the reports ability which enables us to quickly generate customized reports from all the data loaded onto the platform. The app also offers expense tracking, quotes/estimates and invoices.

Pros

Timesheets, tasks management, projects, expenses, quotes, invoices are very handily in the same application, so there is no need to use different software solutions, which means a lot of time is saved entering information and most importantly, reports can be easily generated from all this aggregated data.

Cons

Task, project, etc. categories and types are quite rigid so customizing everything to suit our needs was sometimes a little bit of a challenge.

Jahiezer I.

• Customer Support Software

Really good to sync up proyects of any tipe

Reviewed on 2018-06-17

Pros

Help to my study team in every group proyect since we find out this app, after that i estart to apply the system in my personal business and make me and my work team to be precise like swiss watch and so far we do not have problems with deadlines. Can be use in any device you want and use emails to remember all the tasks

Cons

It is a little hard to understand all the software, some people take some time to learn how to use the system.

Jeffrey S.

Great project management and time tracking software for freelancers with good functionality

Reviewed on 2019-08-16

Pros

Comprehensive features for PM and TT. Intuitive to use

Cons

I wish any cloud systems could work when off-line. I wanted to use on a recent flight, but without purchasing wifi, I was unable to. I don't like giving airlines any more $ for wifi...

Maurice M.
  • Industry: Events Services

• Customer Support Software

Avaza is a sophisticated task management program

Reviewed on 2020-06-13

Task management has been at top notch.

Pros

The way Avaza has eraducated errors while tracking issues, time and cost utilized on projects.

Cons

Avaza so far has not yet started to offer some drawbacks.

• Industry: Management Consulting

• Customer Support Software

Avaza is my saving grace as a new employee in a fast paced company

Reviewed on 2018-10-08

As a business, our daily, weekly and monthly goals as individuals in the company and as a team as a whole are made crystal clear to us. This allows us to work more effectively and efficiently and feel more prepared for work every day.

Pros

As a new employee in a fast paced company in an even faster paced industry, I was was worried I would be left behind quickly and would battle with keeping my tasks managed. I literally don't have to worry at all because of Avaza. Every morning I see my tasks set out for the day and can easily track my time spent on these projects. Keeping track of my time is so important in my company and old-school time keeping would never do the trick.

Cons

I don't like how tasks are not kept within projects and listed independently.

Drew C.

Great for our startup

Reviewed on 2017-05-12

Allows us to run our business in very much the way we envision it, and make good on our promise to our customers.

Pros

Avaza is flexible both in terms of features, as well as the two different user license seat types (love that). Also, the support is *excellent* and they are open about their feature roadmap, which is important to us. As a growing team, we see this as the single best option we have come across.

Cons

Like any feature-rich tool, I feel like it's going to take a while to understand how to use Avaza "properly", i.e., to its full potential. A set of videos showing how to use *all* of the features would be a great help here (I know this is on their roadmap). But they are great with other support, well above the norm. Looking forward to the videos though!

Solayt C.
  • Industry: Accounting Software

Time control and management

Reviewed on 2016-11-24

The system is really easy to use that help us in order to control and manage our time in our daily work. This system helps us to improve the quality of our jobs.

Pros

The time management in the system.

Cons

Sometimes it gets freeze and doesn't allow us to stop the time at the timesheets.

Mike H.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Great Time Tracking and Billing Tool

Reviewed on 2015-10-08

I'm a business consultant who has used, recommended and implemented numerous applications in my career. When I began to look at billing applications for my own company, I probably looked at and compared a half dozen applications. Avaza stood out from the beginning and I have no regrets about selecting Avaza for my company.

Pros

Quick Set-up
Easy time tracking for consultants
Easy customer email invoicing
Great Reports
Project planning and set-up
Great customization that allows our company to brand all customer transactions

Cons

The only improvement I would suggest is the ability to add balance forward invoicing so clients can see past due balances. Currently this is done by attaching a report, but that defeats the benefit of the easy email oriented customer invoicing.

Christopher O.
  • Industry: Research

Great for Organizing

Reviewed on 2019-06-10

Pros

I'm a graduate student and, as one does, ended up having different responsibilities related to a few different projects. Avaza helped me organize my various to-do lists for the different projects. Additionally, the export feature allows me to output these lists to excel. From excel, I stick them into powerpoint/keynote and it's taken care of writing my "Methods" slides, as well!

Cons

It would be great if the description/notes could be exported along with the task titles.

Liana R.
  • Industry: Consumer Services
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Great for invoicing

Reviewed on 2018-11-16

Wonderful. Support is immediate and helpful. I inquired about several points I had questions about and all were answered and solved within 5-10 minutes.

Pros

Has invoicing feature and I get paid from sending the invoice to an email address— my clients can pay via credit card or PayPal whichever they prefer.

Cons

It’s a lot. I only need it for invoicing — hopefully I can use it for its other features someday.