Findmyshift

4.5/5
Customer Support Software

Tony

• Customer Support Software

Simple to use, easily accessible

Reviewed on 11/21/2017

Pros

Ability to use it anywhere anytime, ease of use. Ability to communicate with staff members and trace all updates and changes

Cons

Its incompatibility with Apple devices. Makes it difficult to make changes on the move sometimes and it isn't always easy to use with touch screen

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review Tony. Get in touch with our support team so we can work through the issues you're having on your touch screen devices.

Alexander

Comprehensive but requires work

Reviewed on 2/10/2017

FindMyShift is excellent for getting everything done that you need - scheduling a lot of employees, flexible and easy to change pay rates, reporting and budget views. I even use it as a notice board - part of employee shifts I can leave notes with instructions for my workers, which is excellent.

The downside, and what may eventually push me to another service, is that I make all of the shift changes myself. Employees email me when they'd like to swap shifts and unfortunately this leaves me at the center of an ever increasing employee base that needs me to make detailed changes.

There is a Timesheet feature but it seems pretty complicated and wouldn't serve our purposes, although I'm considering taking a third look at this to see if it's really not possible for us to use.

Response from Out Crowd Ltd

Thanks for the review Alexander. Get in touch if you'd like us to walk you through the way swaps and timesheets work.

Samantha

• Customer Support Software

Easy monitoring/scheduling of rosters/timesheets.

Reviewed on 1/25/2023

Great.

Pros

That we can use the roster and the timesheet within the same program.

Cons

When staff take a break, the timesheets don't advise what time the break was taken or when the staff member clocked back on.

Robynne
  • Industry: Wholesale

• Customer Support Software

Plant Nursery Task Management has been a breeze.

Reviewed on 9/6/2021

Has streamlined the management of tasks and different departments. See at a glance the staff required to fill roles for the day.

Pros

I can chose to use the different features or not. Affordable.

Cons

Did take a bit to get the hang of the rostering of times and tasks. (but I am old school). Font of default print outs too small to display on one page as there are so many spaces in report so I always export data to an excell document.

Response from Findmyshift B.V.

Thanks for the review, Robynne!

Chloe

So helpful

Reviewed on 10/3/2022

Findmyshift helped us to save time on employee administration. It also made it clear for staff when they were rostered on.

Pros

Findmyshift helped us to organise staff during our most busy period where there was a lot of different roster. It would be an admin nightmare to do it all manually so Findmyshift saved us a lot of time and hassle.

Cons

I did find it a bit glitchy when it came to timesheets and then being able to download staff hours in order to enter it into our payroll system. I had to manually work out people's hours, but this could have been user error.

Raja Saad Bin
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

• Customer Support Software

Best Scheduling App for the price.

Reviewed on 12/14/2022

I am pleased that I came across with and it reduced my workload to at least 70%

Pros

User Friendly and it does the job very efficiently.

Cons

There is nothing bad about this app so far.

Alberto
  • Industry: Restaurants

• Customer Support Software

This app is really important for us

Reviewed on 12/23/2022

For us is essential

Pros

Facility to use. Simple for the employees too.

Cons

set up a new rota. It would be great to have a template

Ron

• Customer Support Software

My solution to managing a busy hospital specialist department

Reviewed on 1/23/2023

Pros

Easily accessible online on mobile devices. Simple to use. My roster is dynamic and I make changes almost daily. This software allows me to keep all my staff in the loop.

Cons

So far I have no complaints. The software allows me to get my job done. My staff are content.

Dale

Convenient

Reviewed on 1/5/2023

Happy with this product

Pros

Ease of use and simple access for all my team

Cons

Cost compared to other similar products

Lisa
  • Industry: Restaurants

• Customer Support Software

Find My Shift - Save time and money.

Reviewed on 1/4/2023

Support is quick and excellent.

Pros

Planning shifts in advance has proved a great advantage. Allowing staff to plan their week around their shifts resulting in less time missed due to appointments.

Cons

Using any new software is a challenge. We found it easy to add staff and information and once the shifts were mastered it runs smoothly. Having additional departments on separate rotas would be an advatage.

Julie
  • Industry: Facilities Services

• Customer Support Software

Easiest system to use and set up

Reviewed on 10/27/2020

Easy to use and set up.
Not tied into long contracts for a system that does not work for us (this is an issue we have had in the past).
Employees find it easy to use from their phones.

Pros

Online tutorials are good but you need to set the time aside to work through as they can be long winded.
Easy to set up locations, employees and the copy and paste facilities are excellent. What use to take at least two days to complete now takes half a day.
Like the ability to see multiple weeks alongside each other.
Client decides how long they want to use the system for rather than being tied into software agreements that do not work for the client.

Cons

Find it over complicated to set the client charge out rate so cannot use the reports as we would like.

Response from Findmyshift B.V.

Thanks for the review, Julie!

Rebecca

Happy using Findmyshift

Reviewed on 4/6/2021

Really happy - easy to use. We have Full time part time casual and contractors. Very functional for us.

Pros

Web based - and easy for staff to log in

Cons

Adding exceptions to pay rates, take's me a while.

Deputy

Reasons for Switching to Findmyshift

Visually easy to look at. Staff happy with app use. Functional for multiple types of employees and contractors.

Response from Findmyshift B.V.

Thanks for the review, Rebecca!

Cal

• Customer Support Software

Best value for money scheduling app out there! Simple but has all the features you need.

Reviewed on 1/3/2018

More efficient scheduling (than using Excel spreadsheets) - cost saving
Easy to manage staff requests, holiday and time off

Pros

We have been using findmyshift for scheduling in our business (hostel, 30 employees) for a year now - having previously only used excel spreadsheets for our rota. This software has helped us schedule more accurately according to our business level which helped us save hours as well as relieving our team during the busier periods. It's use is very straightforward and does pretty much anything you need it to with a bit of fiddling. The customer support team are very quick to respond to your queries with a live chat as well. On top of that it is pretty much the cheapest in it's category (compared to Deputy or WhenIWork) although it might not look as snazzy or have all the functionalities these have. We will definitely be continuing to use this software for the next year.
Can also connect to your google cal or ical which helped me personally organise my life better :)

Cons

It is a bit fiddly at times, and does seem more catered towards office businesses (9 to 6, Monday to Friday) than a 24 hours, 7 day a week business like ours.
The app (for phones, Android and Apple) is a great plus but could be improved upon - The way the shifts are displayed is not super clear, the filter is hit & miss, and how you navigate the app is not the best.

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review Cal!

Julie
  • Industry: Events Services

Changing our Rota System

Reviewed on 3/18/2021

Findmyshift has completely changed the way we plan for staffing events. It has been simple enough for even our most IT-wary volunteers to take part in. The messaging feature allows me to tell all staff about sudden changes or announcements.

Pros

I wanted a system that was accessible to staff but which also let me budget for each event, as this was an area where we had historically overspent. It also helps me track holidays and time in lieu, which was almost impossible in our old system. It also lets me check staff availability way ahead without having to resort to complicated texts / whats app groups and emails. I have now introduced our volunteers to it and time sheets which will again save so much time and money.

Cons

I have not yet learned how to clarify on booking a staff member on which pay rate they are on. Eg staff are standard rate or Duty manager rate for that shift. It is in the back under pay, but I don't know how to clarify what they are on for that particular shift which in turn makes it not work for payroll.

Response from Findmyshift B.V.

Thanks for the review, Julie! It sounds like you need to set up some "pay rate exceptions" for your staff members, either individually or globally, but get in touch with our support team and we can walk you through it over the phone or via live chat.

Leonora

Excellent Rota Management

Reviewed on 8/25/2020

Makes life much easier - really enjoy how simple it is to use and that it links with Slack which we use daily also

Pros

This software is incredibly easy to use and my favourite function is the ability to delegate facility areas so we can clearly see which departments the staff are working in. With two sites and a variety of different but equally important job roles this makes life simple.

Cons

I would like time off requests to be easier for staff to use.

Response from Findmyshift B.V.

Thanks for the review, Leonora! Time off requests are now possible through the app, so your staff should find the process easier than having to log in to the desktop site.

Richard
  • Industry: Media Production

Just right for us

Reviewed on 10/12/2018

We schedule multiple jobs at multiple sites with multiple staff on a daily basis, that also changes on a daily basis. This software allows us to view multiple locations and 'who is where' each day, whilst instantly notifying each member of staff and syncing with their own calendar automatically. This dramatically reduces the amount of time scheduling jobs and we also put purchase order information onto each staff members daily booking, making cross referencing of invoices much quicker. We have been using this software for our business for several years now and it quite simply just does its job, and does it well!

Pros

We love the fact that you can add as many staff as necessary without paying per person, particularly as we use a wide database of freelance contractors, so we have may only use some of them on rare occasions yet we don't have to continually pay just to have their name sitting in the app.

Cons

The fact that you can't zoom in and out whilst viewing the calendar to be able to see several weeks at a time on screen.

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review Richard! To zoom in and out, press CTRL - and CTRL +. I hope this helps!

Barry
  • Industry: Medical Practice

• Customer Support Software

We manage our contracted hours and zero hours staff through this system for the last few years.

Reviewed on 7/24/2017

Pros

Web access makes it easy for multiple managers to access. Fairly easy to set-up, customisation of filed names and fairly simple to use.

Cons

Rows and columns don;t stay in alignment when scrolling. No easy way of inputting blocks of shifts. We have a 6 and 8 week rota system and have never managed to make the template bit work for us so we copy and paste lines for the year (takes about 3 days to programme half a years rota) / No edit or audit trail to see when a manager Added, moved or changed a shift. Awful interface on touch screen devices and the overview on mobile devices is no good for management purposes.

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the great review Barry!
Lines can get misaligned if the browser zoom function has been adjusted. We suggest hitting "Ctrl + 0" on your keyboard fix alignment issues.

Templates are best used for repeating shifts and can easily be applied to multiple cells. To apply a template to your rota, select the cells you'd like to apply the template to, then click "Templates" then the week (or weeks) you'd like to apply.
I hope this helps!

Tyrone

Great online rota solution

Reviewed on 1/3/2019

I think this is our 5th year renewing with findmyshift. One of the biggest reasons for sticking with them is that you can always get hold of their support, they always want to help and will often go above and beyond to advise, tweek or fix anything that we are struggling with in terms of functionality or potential bugs in the code.

Pros

We've been using findmyshift for years to manage the staff rota for our carehome. Being able to access it anywhere with an internet connection, make changes etc has been invaluable.

Cons

The holiday management within the software doesn't suit our industry very well, great for straightforward hourly rates for staff with hours that never change and where additional payments aren't a consideration but doesn't account for the fact that employees must be paid an average wage for their time off taking into account regular overtime, flat rate bonuses for shifts etc. As such, i need to keep a separate spreadsheet for this.

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review Tyrone!

Ian

Just works!

Reviewed on 9/30/2020

Had tried quite a few prior to this and Findmyshift seems to be a well-balanced software that gets the job done for a business with freelance workers who take regular shifts.

Pros

Can do monthly salary summation, unlike a lot of software which default to a weekly view for shift workers.

Cons

Companion phone app not great. Web version works well though.

Sling and Deputy

Reasons for Choosing Findmyshift

Overall better value for money

Sling

Reasons for Switching to Findmyshift

Overall better mix of features

Response from Findmyshift B.V.

Thanks for the review, Ian!

Daniel

• Customer Support Software

Daily clinic and On call rota

Reviewed on 5/4/2020

Excellent. I have been using it for over 3 years

Pros

Simple to access and use. Mobile access for all users. Easy to edit and change. Access from anywhere

Cons

Could be a little more intuitive. Repeating different individual rota every few weeks or months does not seem possible.

Response from Findmyshift B.V.

Thanks for the review, Daniel!

Emma

• Customer Support Software

Easy way to monitor time and attendance

Reviewed on 5/3/2018

Pros

The reports that are available along with the additional facilities that can be added to each individual shift for each individual employee. Being able to attach all our employees details and information is also beneficial to us. Being able to input an hourly rate is also a factor which we like as it allows us to use this against our payroll system.

Cons

I don't really like and am not 100% keen on the fact that there is so separation within the employees and that you can't separate them in departments or different locations. what is also different is cross referencing an employee that is based at one location but covers a shift at a different location, the only way in which we could do this was by colour coding which doesn't clarify specifically what location on the final report.

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review Emma!

Wouter

Five years using Findmyshift

Reviewed on 10/25/2018

I'm doing roster for 24 doctors in our department. I can make changes to roster from any computer and relay message to staff members about these changes seamlessly via FMS. The app is great and very easy to use. We've managed to cut paper printouts of rosters as well.

Pros

Great flexibility between facility view and staff view. Different filters and preset filters allow me to tailor rota for different areas in hospital. Product support is excellent. New features added regularly.

Cons

I haven't managed to coordinate our leave cycle which runs from 1 April to 30 March with the leave reports which appears to take annual allowance from 1 Jan-31 Dec. It might be possible but haven't found feature yet.

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review Wouter! To coordinate your leave cycle, visit Settings > Time off and change the date next to "Holiday year begins". I hope this helps!

Darragh
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

• Customer Support Software

A vital business tool. Saves me a lot of time and effort.My staff find it so easy to use the...

Reviewed on 7/12/2017

Controls cost. Frees up my time.Keeps my staff informed and happy

Pros

Ease of use for both desktop and mobile app. being able top control costs by comparing previous weeks . Saves a lot of time. speeds up payroll.

Cons

hard to fault. sometimes get tripped up by entering a pm instead of an am.As I am not that tech aware. I am only discovering how powerful the software really is at my own pace , so if there was a prompt function to ask "why not try this feature" or "do this it will give you this benefit", that would speed up my knowledge and give me more return on my investment

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the awesome review, Darragh! We've noted your suggestion on our list of feature requests.

If you're comfortable using the 24-hour format, we suggest using it to avoid any mistakes with your AMs and PMs. Hope this suggestion helps!

Mark

Great, Easy to Use Rota Software

Reviewed on 2/3/2020

excellent!

Pros

It just fitted in with our team and the way we work!

Cons

until we realised the "make changes before publishing" it was a bit tough ...

Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to Findmyshift

flexibility and ease of use

Response from Findmyshift B.V.

Thanks for the review, Mark!

Kadie

Would Never Consider Using Another Scheduling Tool

Reviewed on 9/5/2017

Pros

Our service group uses Findmyshift for scheduling multiple engineers - changes are constantly made throughout the day and by different individuals logged in at all times. The ability to make changes with instant updates and allow everyone to access via phones and web as well as advance scheduling is extremely beneficial - I would never want to be WITHOUT Findmyshift!

Cons

We would like the ability to select multiple resources, type one thing, and have it populate to all cells, but that is more of a recommended preference than an issue with the program.

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the wonderful review, Kadie! We're glad to hear you're finding our software beneficial and we'll keep your suggestion in mind.