Findmyshift

Katherine M.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great for rostering

Reviewed on 2021-05-24

Has benefitted our area as we have much more visibility with rosters and our planning is more informed.

Pros

Clear visuals and ability to customise views

Cons

Some view customisation a little limited

Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to Findmyshift

Already successfully used by another service within our organisation.
Ashley D.
  • Industry: Hospitality

I've really enjoyed using this system.

Reviewed on 2021-10-01

Pros

This system is extremely easy to use.Communication with all the staff was a breeze.

Cons

I found that staff could cancel shifts and sometimes I was not updated.

exceptional value for money - Mobile app needs improvement

Reviewed on 2016-12-06

We're a cafe/bar employing a team of 20+. We use the back office constantly - amending hours and shifts is a daily chore made simple and easy with Find My Shift. The ability to have a working calendar months in advance at our staffs fingertips is priceless. Barely having scratched the surface in regards to reporting functions, from an administrative point of view it is exceptional. The only issues we've faced are in regards to our staff accessing and using it themselves. The mobile site isn't great and the last time I checked the app to help a staff member out, it was awful.

Pros

We love having access across our management team to the reporting features. It cuts our work time down dramatically being able to see all of our figures laid out.

Cons

Our staff find it difficult to use the app - most being quite young, won't open find my shift in a browser: they will go straight to the app. Even when opened in a browser, if they're using the mobile-site it is still not easy enough for them to see who is working and when. We also have a problem with the "reject shift" feature every time a new staff member starts with us: they tend to believe that working is optional as a result of seeing the option.

Response from Out Crowd Ltd

Thanks for the honest review!

Tyrone B.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

• Customer Support Software

Very useful software that has steadily improved over the years

Reviewed on 2018-01-11

As our business grew and we employed more staff, managing an excel/paper based rota became time consuming. The reporting aspect alone of this software has saved me enough time throughout the year to justify the cost, let alone the fact that staff can login using the app or through the website and see their own shifts instead of calling into the office because their paper copy is out of date

Pros

The accessibility of this software is one of the most important features for me. My staff use both the app and the website on their mobiles and tablets to access our rota to check their shifts, request holiday etc.

Cons

The way the software is currently setup its not possible to assign more than 1 rule to pay rates with makes my job more difficult when working out wages on days that attract 2 different levels of premium rates. For example paying someone an additional £1 per hour for working a night shift and also paying them an additional £1 per hour because that night shift was on a sunday or a bank holiday.

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review Tyrone! Regarding the pay rates, it is actually possible to add multiple rules and you can quite easily set them up to pay your staff different rates for different types of shifts. If you'd like us to walk you through it, get in touch with our support team!

Danielle C.
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

• Customer Support Software

we have been using find my shift for many years and find that it is a very effective and easy...

Reviewed on 2017-10-04

The user friendly system is very beneficial to all staff and the excel reports for the hours worked helps me to generate my timesheets for my invoices.

Pros

The software is very user friendly for me and my work force and there is a smart phone app which also makes it more accessible for my staff. I find the reports which you can generate from the system very useful when translating my hours in to invoices for my customers.

Cons

(not really cons just suggestions)If you finish a staff member on your rota's, they cannot see old shifts. It would be handy to have two finish dates one so that they are not on the rota anymore and one so that you can't schedule them from that date onwards. For example, we also use the finish box for current staff as a reminder for when their SIA badge runs out and we can't schedule them without them having a badge to work not necessarily because they so not work for our company anymore, most of the time they still need to see past shifts or log on to help them do invoices.

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review and suggestion Danielle. We'll take a look and see what we can do for you. Perhaps a grace period for your staff to log in (maybe up to 2 weeks) after their finish date might help?

Neil H.
  • Industry: Entertainment

It's changed our world

Reviewed on 2016-12-15

Like many other businesses, we survived for years using the good old fashioned spreadsheet to give us a visual planning tool for our staff assignment. Initially, we trialed Find My Shift purely for the ability to share the roster amongst our management team.
Only when we took the leap from the old spreadsheet feature did we realize how much more we could achieve. The facilities feature was a pretty cool tool but then we started to share the roster with our staff. To say our staff communication has been revolutionized would be modest. It's changed our world and made a significant contribution to a culture of shared info - something we didn't think we were lacking until we tried it with Find My Shift.
After that, we just kept exploring. We're now running all timesheets from Find My Shift - and it's taken a whole day off the payroll process!
But still the best feedback from the team actually came from the partner of one of our guys - "this is awesome, I can now find out what you're doing this weekend - it feels like we've got control of our life back".......thanks guys, love your work!

Pros

Shared access, individual crew login, timesheets, facilities.....so much we love

Cons

Would love to see a better mobile app - perhaps that staff can use for timesheets?
Also, would love to be able to code time to a job (cost center)

Response from Out Crowd

Hi Neil! Thanks for the suggestion. I have added that to our request list for consideration with a future update.

Trilby W.
  • Industry: Veterinary Software

Invaluable tool for a small business

Reviewed on 2017-02-06

We have been using findmyshift for quite a few years now. We run a 24/7 operation with about 15 different shift times, so efficient management of staff timetables is absolutely essential.
As our business has grown from 15 employees to over 40 we have found this scheduling website to be invaluable. I can't imagine going back to our previous spreadsheet schedule which resulted in staff turning up late to shifts or not coming in at all as they weren't aware of late schedule changes. Automatic syncing with employee calendars and the time-clock function really help to set this software ahead of anything else I've tried. I'm sure we will be using findmyshift for years to come.

Pros

It's easy to use and has a lot of functions

Cons

I wasn't aware until trying other software products that findmyshift had a time-card function. So I would suggest somehow making users aware of these other functions. I'm not sure of the best way to do that - maybe a popup for managers every few logins so with different functions or tips?

Response from Out Crowd

Hi Trilby! Thanks for the suggestion. I have added that to our request list for consideration with a future update.

Celestine F.

Good starting point

Reviewed on 2021-03-29

Overall it is a huge improvement on our old excel based rota and the fact that it is web based makes it much easier to access information.

Pros

This software has allowed us to setup bespoke shifts for each of our boarding houses which is brilliant as we do have slightly different shift timings depending on the age of the students in house.

Cons

It does not allow you to setup a generic shift pattern. If you could do this for a year then you would just copy and paste and adjust to allow for the slight differences in timings.
When you are adding staff to a shift in a particular house it shows all staff in the organisation. If you have filtered to show only one house in "house view" you should only see staff who are allocated to that specific house.
When you print out a rota it is difficult to set the filter times so that you can see a whole year which for us would be very useful.

Debs S.
  • Industry: Restaurants

• Customer Support Software

All good and suits our requirements well

Reviewed on 2017-03-06

Have not had to call customer service so not sure of how supportive they are, system itself suits our requirements well, only issue is that we have two shifts a day and if a member of staff is going to be unavailable or on holiday for one shift you have to mark the whole day off, not just that one shift, maybe there could be an option for am and pm unavailability/holiday, etc.

Pros

Easy to plan ahead for the team, easy to email out to them with a message
Easy to split departments to show costs

Cons

Inability to show unavailability/holiday for the two shifts we have in a day, can only book a whole day off and not a single shift

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review Debs!

We have noted and added your suggestion to our list of feature requests. In the meantime, the best way to add half day time off entries would be to enter 0.5 on the "Allowance used" field.

I hope this helps! If you need more information, drop us an email anytime.

Darragh W.

• Customer Support Software

A vital business tool. Saves me a lot of time and effort.My staff find it so easy to use the...

Reviewed on 2017-07-12

Controls cost. Frees up my time.Keeps my staff informed and happy

Pros

Ease of use for both desktop and mobile app. being able top control costs by comparing previous weeks . Saves a lot of time. speeds up payroll.

Cons

hard to fault. sometimes get tripped up by entering a pm instead of an am.As I am not that tech aware. I am only discovering how powerful the software really is at my own pace , so if there was a prompt function to ask "why not try this feature" or "do this it will give you this benefit", that would speed up my knowledge and give me more return on my investment

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the awesome review, Darragh! We've noted your suggestion on our list of feature requests.

If you're comfortable using the 24-hour format, we suggest using it to avoid any mistakes with your AMs and PMs. Hope this suggestion helps!

Richard M.

Quality Rota system

Reviewed on 2019-09-03

Moving from multiple excel/ paper based systems to a simgle coordinated approach is excellent.

Pros

It is the best value rota software available

Cons

The set up takes some time and the administrator needd training

Deputy

Reasons for Switching to Findmyshift

It is by far, better value for money

Response from Out Crowd

Thank you for the review Richard!

Kathryn T.

Great rota software

Reviewed on 2018-09-14

I have used the customer support chat quite often, and the team are extreme helpful and quick to respond. We intend to use this software for the foreseeable future.

Pros

The ease of adding in shifts and people, the fact that the admin can accept and confirm bookings. The option to add additional roles. The everyone can log in from home to see the rota, and that there is a message board function.

Cons

It is not very transferable between different devices, I often get complaints from the members who use the service with us that the layout is not understandable when read off of a iphone or ipad.

The reports function is useful, however I do find it hard to navigate and understand.

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review Kathryn!

Janet C.

• Customer Support Software

We have 7 locations and 25 employees. This software allowes us to track who is working where.

Reviewed on 2018-01-22

Pros

I like that the employees can have this app on their phone and check their own schedule. Our company is an assisted living facility and we can put out one email and it goes to all 25 employees when we need a shift filled. We used to have to call everyone to get the shift filled.

Cons

I would like to change the employees credentials from the employee page that lists all employees. Right now we have to go into their own file on the site. But it does allow us to track who had a flu shot, T-B test etc....

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review Janet! I've noted your feedback about editing staff credentials from the list page - hopefully we can include that in a future version.

Susan A.

• Customer Support Software

Really easy and straight forward system - takes the headache out of rota writing!

Reviewed on 2017-10-24

Speed and efficiency of rota writing. Fast accessibility for all staff.

Pros

Ease of use and ease of ability to add new staff as we have a fluctuating staff base.
Staff find it so easy to use too so it makes the whole process smooth and efficient.

Cons

I can't seem to re-use names easily so find I have to adjust names on the rota - effectively making up a name :)

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review Susan! It's not possible to have two people with the same name on the rota, so when you add your staff make sure you add a last name. If you don't want last names to show on the rota you can change the way this is displayed via Settings > Display. You can also hide last names from other staff via Settings > Privacy. I hope this helps!

Debs S.
  • Industry: Hospitality

• Customer Support Software

All good, fulfils our requirements well

Reviewed on 2018-05-09

We have a rota system that is easy to use and accessible to all staff

Pros

Ease of use and flexibility, ability to re-schedule the timings of shifts and send a quick email to notify staff quickly.

Cons

We now have quite a lot of staff and some work in two different departments, it would be handy to be able to pick the staff members you want to see and put them on one screen as some are down the bottom of the list and off the page, there is a lot of scrolling up and down to make sure all the shifts are adequately covered.

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review Debs! Try using the filters to split the view by department - it should help!

Elaine M.
  • Industry: Food Production

Excellent rota software

Reviewed on 2017-02-05

I run three teams of people in three separate locations. Find My Shift is excellent. It lets me create templates for different weeks and then I can edit the templates if I need to. Once applied, the rotas can be edited. There's a 'staff view' which lets everyone see everyone's shifts on one screen, and there's a 'location view' so I can check I have enough people covering the different locations.

The mobile version isn't great, but the desktop version can be used on mobile devices with no issues. I've never had to contact customer support, which is why I've not rated that section.

Pros

Full shift visibility over multiple locations on one screen.

Cons

Mobile version is very limited.

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review Elaine!

Andrew A.

Good value

Reviewed on 2017-04-07

We have used Findmyshift for a few years now predominantly because it is is simple to train new consultants (we have 150 homeworkers) to submit and manage their shifts themselves, which can be different week on week and month on month. Management then can approve and monitor relatively simply. Reporting is basic but fine for uploading onto to CSV/Excel then manipulating the data as you need it. Does not have many bells & whistles but works for us currently as good value for money and simplicity.

Pros

Simple

Cons

Basic reporting and doesn't separate out lunch breaks from stats

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review Andrew! We might look into adding breaks on stat reports in the future. In the meantime, breaks can be viewed on hours reports.

Mark E.

Long time user

Reviewed on 2017-03-15

We have been using this system for over 2 years now and it has transformed our scheduling. We have around 30 staff doing vary varied rotas and we have managed to massively reduce the problems with confusion over " I didn't realise I was scheduled for then" and "Oh dear - I forgot but I am now not able to come in" etc. My only criticism is that the holiday system is not very simple to use but it is there and we use it. We have not had to use the support for a long while but in the early days we found that if there were any glitches that they were quickly sorted out. Generally a great piece of kit.

Pros

Clean and clear

Cons

Holiday functions

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review Mark!

Alexander T.

Comprehensive but requires work

Reviewed on 2017-02-10

FindMyShift is excellent for getting everything done that you need - scheduling a lot of employees, flexible and easy to change pay rates, reporting and budget views. I even use it as a notice board - part of employee shifts I can leave notes with instructions for my workers, which is excellent.

The downside, and what may eventually push me to another service, is that I make all of the shift changes myself. Employees email me when they'd like to swap shifts and unfortunately this leaves me at the center of an ever increasing employee base that needs me to make detailed changes.

There is a Timesheet feature but it seems pretty complicated and wouldn't serve our purposes, although I'm considering taking a third look at this to see if it's really not possible for us to use.

Response from Out Crowd Ltd

Thanks for the review Alexander. Get in touch if you'd like us to walk you through the way swaps and timesheets work.

Allyson S.

Hospital Carfe Review

Reviewed on 2017-02-28

Excellent - i find that this software allows me to work easitly and migrate over to the accountant the wages summary. Just a caution though - one of my employees did use this siftware to take an unfair dismissal case to court and I can't share it with employees anymore due to this risk.

Pros

Ease - webbased - easy to use - reports for leave

Cons

Employees can use it against the business

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the wonderful review Allyson! We do hope Findmyshift is not being used by staff against your business! We have privacy settings you can enable to minimise access to sensitive information. If you need any helps, contact us anytime.

James P.

Great service

Reviewed on 2020-02-07

I've been using it for a few years now and I can't imagine why I'd use anything else.
Any trouble I have is quickly sorted with a message to support.

Pros

Easy for everybody to use. Any changes are real-time, alerts go out to staff and it can sync with my Google Calendar so everybody, at all times can see when/where they're working

Cons

tax rates are effectively useless as there's no way to add the personal allowance, NI, or anything except for a singular rate of tax

Response from Findmyshift B.V.

Thanks for the review, James!

William B.

• Customer Support Software

It makes my life easier and less hassle with paper.

Reviewed on 2017-11-03

It was no place when I took over and it seem the easiest thing just to keep it on.

Pros

That the staff can see the rota as soon as I have done it with out having to come into work. It saves me using paper and can easily move shifts about and reallocate shifts.

Cons

I only have a small team and the cost does seem quite a lot. Not able to open on iPhone and the app isn't very good.

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review Bruce. Get in touch with our support team and we'll see what we can do about the problems you're having on your iPhone. The site is expected to work on all iPhones.

Rodney S.

• Customer Support Software

Happily used this software for a few years now. Very useful. staff friendly

Reviewed on 2017-10-19

organisation

Pros

it gives me peace of mind that the staff will know well in advance when they are working, the message function is good as well, so I can inform them all easier at the same time

Cons

the running cost aren't an issue but that is a down side, would be a function for some kind of calendar or option to add in when we have events or party's on, just so I don't have to use one of the boxes.

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review Rodney. For events, try add these under "Time off" and assign them to everyone rather than a single person.

• Industry: Restaurants

Can work without it.

Reviewed on 2018-06-11

It helped us move from various spreadsheets to one unified software loaded with reports and great various great features.

Pros

It's very easy to use, and you can give different levels of permissions to each team member.
Reports are very in-depth.
You can send emails to all your staff through this software's outbox or message board.

Cons

I can't really say anything bad about it.
I couldn't rate the customer support because I've never needed any, that's how its been to us.

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review!

Tom R.

• Customer Support Software

Love FMS, so easy to use but mostly, really easy to modify schedules

Reviewed on 2017-12-18

Super fast team/project/job scheduling - and adjustment of same!

Pros

Love how easy it is to use. Our schedules are made well in advance but they change all teh time based on our customers needs. Saves us so much time through the efficient nature of the application

Cons

When using the phone App, to see all of the team, I have to go to the desktop application,. It would be nice to have a phone app that matched the PC version.

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review Tom! Great to hear you're saving time with our app.