Zoho Invoice

100% free online invoicing tool for freelancers and SMBs.

4.6/5
4.5/5
4.6/5
Customer Support Software
4.5/5

Harshad

Invoicing in Your Hand

Reviewed on 9/22/2019

A Perfect Billing/Invoicing Solution For Startup & Mid Range Business.
Daily I Use This Application For Billing.
I Can Manage All My Cusotmers Billing & Payment Details on My Mobile.

Pros

Main feature is software is cloud baised, so you can access it anywhere like mobile, tablet, desktop and laptop.
You can generate invoice for your customers in just 10-15 second that is bigest advantage of this application and they also provide free version with limited access so anyone check its features and then can buy.

Cons

i dont find any issue with this application, only new user will takes some time to understand its functionality.

Response from Zoho

Hello Harshad,

Thanks a ton for the review!

We feel excited to know that you are able to handle invoicing on the go using Zoho Invoice. Since we are now gathering feedback from users regarding their invoicing experience using the mobile app, feel free to drop an email to [email protected] with the details of the app you use (Android/iOS).

We look forward to hear from you!

Domenico

• Customer Support Software

That's my choice for invoice software

Reviewed on 11/4/2021

The software is awesome. No complains. I really like the UI and the templating system is the best I've used. I've tried many similar software but none had all those options that lets you customise in depth your invoice layout, fields and overall appearance. Try it out.. the base plan is free!

Pros

I tried many invoicing systems but none had the ease and depth needed to customise and translate all the fields needed to be compliant to my country tax and formal rules. The templating system is awesome, the way u can set automatic invoicing will save you a lot of time. This is just the best invoice software I've used and I'm still sticking with it.

Cons

The only drawback is that you can't delete customers if you have an invoice regarding them. This can limit your free trial or your free plan. If you always work with the same customers it's fine.. if you always have new and many customers this is something to think about first.

Odoo, QuickBooks Time and FreshBooks

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Invoice

Whmcs takes too much effort for a little company

WHMCS

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Invoice

I choose Zoho because I could customise the invoice template and fields to be easy to use and compliant to my country laws. All the other solutions were not customisable enough to meet the Italian tax regulations standards but might work well in other coutries.
  • Industry: Design

Free to Paid - Service & Expectations Can Use Improvement

Reviewed on 4/6/2019

Overall starting out it was ok. Even though there were setbacks it helped on a budget. However there are much better programs out there that are less maintenance and easier to use.

Pros

The free service makes it great for someone starting or learning how to use invoices with no overhead. Its easy to use and print reports for file keeping, and visually appealing to customers.

Cons

If you are looking for more advanced features like advanced payment processing or sending to more than 5 users. etc, you will want to use the pro version or most likely look somewhere else for the price you pay. The customer service is terrible and outsourced to other countries. This is an issue if you need any assistance whatsoever.

Prem

• Customer Support Software

Create and manage invoicing for any order, service and more

Reviewed on 10/16/2022

To the point invoice creating automation essential

Pros

Using it in Zoho marketing, CRM and custom automations that creates send invoice PDF in emails, WhatsApp and telegram with zapier, make and zoho automations

Cons

More Fonts can be added, Pre build templates can be improved

Invoice Ninja
Soorya

• Customer Support Software

Complete end to end invoicing solution for SMBs

Reviewed on 5/29/2021

Very satisfied and extremely happy customer of Zoho Invoice.

Makes most of the "headache" piece of work in finance really easy and smooth by automating recurring tasks.

Pros

Zoho Invoice has long been an dependable tool for all our internal billing and invoicing needs.

Ability to choose templates, customize design, adding categories and much more, makes it an integral part of our day to day business.

The product has extensive features like dashboard, estimates, payments, recurring payments etc which can serve very well to any startup, SMB or enterprise.

The product has strong UI/UX and the simplicity to use does not require any additional training or hand-holding, its just amazing how fast our new resources pick it up from day 1

We have used Zoho Invoice from our starting days and we have grown stronger together over all these years

Cons

As a founder-led company, I wish there was a feature to group multiple invoices into one and create a invoice group list, some customers expect us to submit multiple invoices in batches.

Sara
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Excellent billing tool with good price and support

Reviewed on 7/17/2022

The fact that all the greatest and most helpful products can be found in a single location is the standout feature of the Zoho offering. It helps us save both time and money while also making our job easier and more pleasant.

Pros

This application makes it possible to collaborate on projects without the risk of confidential data being compromised, which makes it the ideal tool for my company's small business. This is a service that earns five stars from me.

Cons

It is a significant drawback and adds a lot of extra work for me to have to pay for each person after I have already signed up. I constantly get stopped while paying, and the procedure is a little bit sluggish. It has a sensation of danger.

Eric
  • Industry: Law Practice
  • Used for 1+ year

Excellent Invoicing and Expense Tracking Tool

Reviewed on 10/19/2020

Excellent experience. For invoicing and expense tracking, this is a great product.

Pros

Hands down, the feature I liked best about Zoho Invoice was its ease of use. I place a lot of emphasis on this aspect of software. If software is difficult to learn, or it is not pleasing to use, then why bother. With Zoho Invoice, I was up and running in less than an hour. Like all of Zoho's software, the user interface is pleasant and makes sense. The product is also stable. No glitches, hiccups, or bugs.

Cons

Not so much a "dislike" as I simply needed software that did more than just invoicing and expense tracking, which is what Zoho Invoice does really well.

Response from Zoho

Hi Eric,

Thank you so much for leaving us a terrific review! We are humbled :)

Ease of use has always been at the heart of everything we do at Zoho Invoice, and we're glad to know you like it!

Feel free to share your feedback to support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com anytime.

Cheers,

Alex
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Excellent for entrepreneurs, CRM integration

Reviewed on 10/22/2020

Pros

Zoho invoice is practically must-have if you use Zoho CRM. The integration is good and it has at least 90% of the features any small to medium business would want. It has a generous free tier so you can invoice your first few clients before subscribing.

Cons

The CRM integration is good although somewhat tricky to initialize. It's easy to get sync problems between this CRM and invoice accounts.

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Invoice

Zoho invoice is integrated strongly with zoho CRM

FreshBooks

Response from Zoho

Hi Alex,

Thanks a lot for the detailed review on Zoho Invoice and our native integration with Zoho CRM. We're happy to know you like it!

Feel free to share your feedback anytime to support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com

Anthony

Essential invoicing software for freelancers

Reviewed on 4/8/2020

As a freelancer, invoicing can be time-consuming, messy, and frustrating. Zoho Invoice eliminates all of these flaws and provides a convenient way to get paid.

Pros

Online payment processing, recurring invoices, automated emails, and a client portal

Cons

Nothing. I loved everything about this software.

FreshBooks

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Invoice

Zoho's free service is essentially the same product as the Freshbooks $25.00 option, but is totally free.

Response from Zoho

Hi Anthony,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Zoho Invoice.

Managing invoices and payment collection, like you said, can be really stressful and frustrating sometimes. We are glad to know that Zoho Invoice is helping you manage these easily.

Good luck for your business. We're here to support you!

Cheers,

Ashley
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Zoho Invoice for the Win

Reviewed on 8/16/2022

I love zoho invoice, the TMS systems we use have invoicing built-in (that we pay for) but I prefer zoho to them

Pros

I love that the invoices are customizable and easy to use

Cons

So far I have had no issues using Zoho invoice

ezLoads TMS and Driver App

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Invoice

Their invoice features were not as user friendly or customizable
Robbie
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Great free option if you only bill in one currency for a couple of clients.

Reviewed on 10/14/2019

Generally been very happy with it for what I needed it for, billing a couple of clients in Euros.

Pros

It's free. Once set up, it's pretty easy to use. Professional looking invoices. Nice way to keep track of all expenses and payments.

Cons

Not really possible to bill in different currencies to a client. Have to just choose one and stick with it.

Response from Zoho

Dear Robbie,

Thanks for reviewing us.

While it's not [yet] possible to bill the same customer in multiple currencies, you can clone the customer and save it with a different currency. This could serve as a workaround for now.

If you have any other questions, feel free to reach out to [email protected]

The Zoho Invoice team

Andy
  • Industry: Graphic Design Software

Mr

Reviewed on 5/29/2017

Zoho Invoice provides a full-featured accounting tool for self-employed service professionals who don't need to manage bank accounts or balance sheet assets. If you sell your time or sell (or resell) products you create and don't need an inventory system, Zoho Invoice is nearly perfect.

Pros

Practically everything is so well-thought out. Zoho Invoice is everything a self-employed person or entrepreneur needs to manage contacts, quotes, invoices, receivables and expenses. It even has robust support for time billing (projects, tasks, etc.), sales tax, recurring invoices, and even multiple currencies (I just need USD, but the capability is there). Zoho Invoice is the almost perfect accounting tool I need to track income and expenses. When my data is entered and up to date, getting my data to my accountant for income tax prep is as simple as exporting two spreadsheets.

Cons

The expense feature set includes the ability to track mileage. This feature is represented well on the iOS app, but in order to enter a mileage record with an odometer reading, the system requires both a beginning value and an ending value at the same time. This really doesn't work. I would have to note my beginning mileage then enter it along with the ending mileage at the end of the business trip. As such, I use a standalone mileage app called MileBug.

Alex
  • Industry: Media Production

• Customer Support Software

Zoho invoice makes estimates & invoices easy

Reviewed on 2/4/2020

My overall experience with Zoho Invoice has been great.

Pros

I like how you can setup the templates and integrate a variety of payment options. The online portal makes it easy for the client end to manage payments and stay informed on what is going on.

Cons

I wish it would integrate with quickbooks easier. Also it would be easier of it had some sort of e-sign option for clients to sign the terms page on invoices.

Response from Zoho

Hi Alex,

Thank you so much for reviewing us! We are thrilled to hear your feedback :)

We are sorry that we don't have a direct integration with QB as of now. However, you can take a look at Zoho Books if you are interested.

Regarding e-signing, it's currently available for estimates (your clients can sign your estimate to accept it) but not for invoices. If you'd like to know more about this, feel free to reach out to [email protected]

• Industry: Higher Education Software
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Freelancers will fall in love!

Reviewed on 1/23/2019

Wonderful! Can't say enough about Zoho Invoicing component!

Pros

After having tried to find solutions that are cloud-based, available on multiple devices and is easy to use, this is absolutely the best economic solution!

I am a part-time design freelancer with many clients to balance jobs/AP/AR, needless to say, I needed an easy to use solution that I can quickly find, send, follow-up or expense items. This is by far the best option for that type of invoicing!

-Customizable
-Detailed reports & dashboards
-Estimates
-Terms & conditions
-Easy entries by client
-Sortable
-Can use on desktop & mobile
-Timesheets (although I don't utilize this function)

Cons

Honestly, I have yet to find a flaw for my needs. This is such a wonderful solution for small to midsize businesses and perhaps nonprofits. Not sure how well it would fare for larger organizations.

Alejandro
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

• Customer Support Software

Perfect for a small company

Reviewed on 9/6/2017

With a low cost, I can manage my operations, sales and inventory. All in every device.

Pros

This is exactly what I was searching for. An app to do quotes, invoices, inventory, costs. All link together, on the cloud, on every device I have. I use this on the go, in my iPad. I use this on my office with the browser app. All link together. Also you get to manage sales people. I can check who send the quote. My dashboard tells me of accounts that have not paid, and the projected sales for the month. Literally I cannot imagine my operations without it.

Easy to set up! logo and also very easy to customize to spanish.

Cons

Probably the lack of customer support. Being a huge company Zoho lacks of easy to find customer support/knowledge, so it is difficult to learn more about what to do with some options on the app.

Response from Zoho

Hi Alejandro,

Thank you for reviewing us.

Zoho Invoice provides 24*5 email, chat and call support. We also have user guide, forums and blogs to help our customers find what they are looking for. You can always send a mail to [email protected], we would be more than happy to help you.

Ashwini
  • Industry: Restaurants

A best invoicing app so far

Reviewed on 10/15/2019

We are drafting and sending monthly and annual invoices of our restaurants to our clients online without requiring them to visit them physically, which has saved our time and effort to a great extent.

Pros

Zoho Invoice is super simple to sign up and start using it immediately. Also, it is very easier to create, send, and track the invoices with its user-friendly dashboard.

Cons

I found it a hard time to change the currency of any specific invoice, and also customizing invoices as per the need is a bit confusing.

Response from Zoho

Dear Ashwini,

Thanks for reviewing us.

We are glad to know you find Zoho Invoice helpful to manage your monthly and annual invoices.

Regarding changing the currency and customizing the invoices, we would love to get in touch and help you out quickly.

Kindly drop an email to [email protected] so that we can schedule a call at your convenient time.

The Zoho Invoice team

Ankush
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Zoho Invoice: Invoicing on the go...

Reviewed on 7/4/2022

Zoho Invoice is gamechanger tool for invoicing. Quick and easy to create invoice. Variety of available invoice templates to choose from.
Free of Cost available. Very convenient for freelancers and small businesses.

Pros

Zoho Invoice helps in creating invoice anywhere and anytime. Following are the key features of Zoho Invoice:
- Zoho Invoice is a free tool
- Variety of available templates and formats
- Easy to collaborate with team to create and manage invoices
- Easy payment reminders to customers
- Mobile applications are also available
- Track and Trace time and expenses
- Great support from the Zoho Support Team

Cons

The is nothing to dislike about Zoho Invoice. Zoho Invoice is a great tool available for free.

.Kim
  • Industry: Design

Zoho Invoice Is A Convenient Way To Invoice Customers Digitally

Reviewed on 4/18/2019

I will be using Zoho Invoice for many years in the future. It's a great interface that store and records all the payments, contacts, addresses, and payment methods of customers. Once you create the first invoice, its very easy to create another one and send them out to customers. Tracking which customers were sent which invoices and on which dates is very accurate when you use Zoho Invoice.

Pros

I have been using Zoho Invoice for many years and loved its ease of use right from the start. It's easy to register, setup, configure, and add contacts to create invoices. Once you create a contact, it stores the customers information for future invoices, payments, and payment methods. Repeated payments are simple and you can setup and track recurring payments automatically as well.

Cons

If you are in a hurry to get the payment with the customer on the phone it's not as fast as it might be because you have to add a contact first. The other issue is that the customization options and flexibility of the invoice designs and invoice options themselves is somewhat limited.

Everianny

Managing billing is no longer a problem with Zoho Invoice

Reviewed on 7/19/2018

When I think of Zoho Invoice, the word INTEGRAL comes to my mind, and I say this because before knowing Zoho Invoice, we had to use several software simultaneously to achieve a single objective, however, Zoho invoice has all those tools that we used integrated, greatly facilitating billing, auditing and budgeting work.

Pros

Zoho invoice is an excellent billing management tool that allows you to manage data associated with taxes and income, which is my field of specialization. Among the most notorious benefits that I find in the software is the personalization of tax invoices, taking into account digital signatures, watermarks and the adjustment of taxes according to the national market regulations.

Cons

I have no problems with the tools and options offered by the software. My problem with zoho invoice lies in the loss of operability when the internet fails, reducing the productivity of the product and forcing us to have alternative plans to supply this failure

Best Free Invoicing Software for StartUps

Reviewed on 3/30/2022

Pros

Zoho platform allows for easy setup, the configurations are direct and easy to setup. When in the need to upgrade to more complex features and scaling Zoho Invoice can be easily upgraded to Zoho Books. A more accounting rich Application.

Cons

Removal of paid plans and introducing a free forever plan is great, Zoho branding on the documents are added which is a down. If only they could add a small fee to remove branding or the notice use create free invoices like these in Zoho Invoice.

Avana
  • Industry: Graphic Design Software

• Customer Support Software

Zoho Invoices helped me get organised!

Reviewed on 11/25/2016

As a graphic designer and custom tshirt maker , I operated my business for two years prior and being a one-woman-show, keeping records, getting payments and communicating with all my clients was very tedious. Zoho invoices has made all of these a breeze! Creating invoices really couldn't be any faster and I love how everything can be customised to fit my brand. The mobile app helps me manage my business on the go. My clients have commented on how organised and professional my business has gotten and I couldn't agree more! Highly recommend

Pros

1. the mobile app
2. The customisable templates
3. User Interface
4. Client portal
5. the dashboard that shows income

Cons

1. There's no bulk mail option to send newsletters
2. I cant have different notes for different templates. I have to keep making minor edits everytime

Frank

• Customer Support Software

Zoho Invoice: great for small businesses

Reviewed on 10/26/2018

Pros

This software is really simple to master and use. The UI is great, navigation is simple and it's easily customizable to meets your needs depending on what you want.
Creating customized invoices that match your brand is so easy that just about anyone can actually use this software.
I also like that the pricing is really affordable

Cons

It's not an accounting software. Just for invoices and must be used with CRM. Other than that, I don't see anything bad about this software

Carl

• Customer Support Software

Easing invoicing for software as a service

Reviewed on 12/20/2018

Best feature for cost. We pay annually as it saves us 2 months, pay 10 months for 12.

Pros

We decided to go with Zoho invoice since we use Zoho CRM, and Zoho Desk products. It's help quickly to find out patterns with client payments. We are now collecting on invoices 2-3 weeks much faster.
The reports are great for forecasting revenue,

Cons

Just a software update changed my user permissions. After re-saving users, problem was resolved.

Imran
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Perhaps the best SaaS for Small Businesses

Reviewed on 11/25/2016

I would have been reluctant to rate it 10/10, had I not used other services i.e Freshbooks, Xero, and you name it. I am just amazed how exactly it can satisfy a customer like me. , who does not run a traditional online business. Yet it does get the job well done., and very very affordable too.

Pros

Simplicity, intuitive, and to fit into individual needs of different kind of businesses.

Cons

Lack of 'Custom Invoice Templates' and customs fields are okay, however i'd prefer the ability to customize it bit more., and giving different kind of businesses even more control.

• Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

We love using Zoho Invoice because it is extremely easy to use and the customization is...

Reviewed on 4/5/2018

Pros

Zoho Software is incredibly easy to use & has a pleasant UX. Our training period was a fraction of what it could have been, leading to increased productivity throughout all operations. It allows us to communicate much more easily with clients too, so our customer service has also greatly increased in quality.

Cons

The only mild inconvenience we experienced was not knowing that Zoho Invoice allows users to save notes for clients and colleagues. Once we learned that, deployment was a much more positive and painless experience.