Zoho Creator Reviews

Zoho Creator

Write a Review!
An all-in-one Low-Code Application Development Software.

4.3/5

Nadeemur
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Wonderful Software to Create an Application

Reviewed on 2020-09-28

Undoubtedly, Zoho Creator is a very useful tool to make an excellent application. I like to use it as it has the entire necessary feature in it which is essential for creating an application. It works seamlessly well. Only thing is that I would love to see enhancement in the interface of this software.

Pros

Zoho Creator is a very interesting tool. I can create a perfect application as per my requirement using this software. It is a very helpful tool. There is a drag and drop interface which helps a lot while creating an application; I use it a lot.

Cons

Zoho Creator is an extremely wonderful software to use. However, I don’t like its interface. It is very basic according to me. There should be more improvement in it. Except for this problem I don’t have any other problem with Zoho Creator.

Jeremy

• Customer Support Software

Zoho creator the best bang for the buck application database

Reviewed on 2019-02-05

Pros

This was the best replacement we founds for SharePoint Access Applications. With this quick web interface for collecting and entering data you can be up and running quickly with a basic knowledge of excel

Cons

The user security leaves a lot to be desired. You can control who has access to each application however you can not control access to the specific lookups and data entry form in an application

• Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Great for Prototyping Application, Too Slow for Business Use

Reviewed on 2015-11-23

I started using Zoho as a quick way to prototype an application. It took a few weeks to build an application that would have taken months in .Net and SQL. My customer loved the application and wanted to use the prototype right off the bat.

The service generally runs fast, however in the afternoons here in the US, the service can grind to a halt. Form loading goes from seconds to minutes. These are serious problems that made me wish I had stuck to using Zoho strictly as a prototype.

Pros

Great interface, email and text integration.

Cons

1) Speed is too slow for "real" business use.
2) On premise application is forever stuck in Beta, there is no choice but to use Zoho's slow servers.
3) URL and mobile app customization is not possible.

Response from Zoho

Thank you for giving Zoho Creator a try. We believe the issue faced by you could be specific to your Zoho Creator application as we haven't had reports of latency from other users. The sluggishness experienced by you in accessing Creator Form especially during a certain time of the day is something that we would like to look into further.

Could you email form details of your Zoho Creator app to [email protected]/[email protected], please? The team over here would like to ascertain the reasons for the latency issue and revert with possible solutions, if any.

Ahmed
Zoho Creator

Anand
Anand

Value for money product!

Reviewed on 2022-03-12

Pros

I like customizable data management and adding data to dashboards and customizing them according to our needs. It doesn't need many codings, however, sometimes there might be glitches which can be sorted out with some help from coders

Cons

The price is a little bit costly however they'll provide a discount for non-profits. So it really helps.

Nicholas
Nicholas
  • Industry: Legal Services

Perfect for In-House Custom Database Needs!

Reviewed on 2018-10-23

Pros

User Interface design is pretty straightforward - drag and drop.

The Deluge scripting language is really easy to pick up and a lot of the problems you'll need to solve have already been addressed with zoho-specific solutions.

Cons

You are absolutely locked into the interface design aspects for reports and input forms. Nothing is going to look pretty. Any kind of custom formatting is going to require some hacking and testing before you come up with a workable solution.

Emad
Emad

• Customer Support Software

Relational database web apps made simple!

Reviewed on 2017-09-26

I really like this web app software. It allows me to quickly create database driven web apps. As soon as I create a new form and place my first field on that form, a database table is created without me doing that! I used to do Oracle development and you have to do a lot just to set up tables, relations, etc. Is so simple to do it with Zoho Creator. You can set up the relations by relating 2 forms together. I think you will however need to write some coding in the Deluge scripting language that comes with Creator to make sure you don't delete any parent rows if child rows exist.

Pros

Ease of use, creation of web form apps very quickly.

Cons

None but I would love to see more choices on the form themes like they have in Zoho Forms and the ability to place fields anywhere on the form.

james
james

Zoho Creator Review

Reviewed on 2023-05-31

I would say that my experience about the Zoho Creator is that, this platform is very useful for the developers that will start in development an application.

Pros

What I like the most about the Zoho Creator is that this platform gives the user or the developer a low code process that helps to build an Application.

Cons

What I like the least about the Zoho Creator is that about the User Interface of the platform.

Akshila
Akshila
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Easy and Advanced Application Developer for mobile applications

Reviewed on 2022-05-29

Overall this is a really good solution for selecting if you don't have advanced skills. The GUI is also really helpful in doing developments.

Pros

I used this because I don't have more skills in mobile application development. But using this tool it's easy to do the task without any issue. this is really a great online platform to do application development. This is not only an application tool but also can do database designs, web developments, and data management also.

Cons

nothing to tell any cons, because this is really helpful to me.

Jonathan
Jonathan

I love it!

Reviewed on 2017-03-14

I started using Zoho's emails first and then gradually other features. Great company, cheap and effective. Their interface is better than Google Apps for sure - Put the two side by side and compare, you will see.

Pros

Great value for money.

Cons

Their live ticket generation system takes way too long.

Devashish
Devashish
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Great App Builder for Everyone

Reviewed on 2019-01-13

My experience with Zoho has been great. It has helped me build a lot of customised applications. It is one of the best CRM custom creators I have come across.

Pros

I've been using this app for a couple of years. Zoho is very easy to pick up and build simple applications or customise pre-made templates as per your needs. Nevertheless, it is a mighty application builder, and if one knows how to use it correctly, one can build complex applications on it.

Cons

1. Documentation on how to use it and an appendix of features will be good for newcomers.
2. The UI of Zoho can be complicated and overwhelming sometimes.
3. The results from a simple search are not editable. The inclusion of different "view modes" and "edit" features would be great.

• Customer Support Software

Zoho Creator is an easy way to create data collection forms on the fly

Reviewed on 2018-07-12

Zoho Creator is a quick way to create a web form for user submissions, for anything from an internal survey, to a work-related data collection form, or a web site submission form from customers.

Pros

A user can get up and running with Zoho Creator within about ten minutes. It is very intuitive and requires very little set-up. Any time I need to collect data, Zoho is my go-to app for form creation, and it is easy to distribute the forms securely using a link, a password, or to embed it in another site. Zoho has great customizable workflows if you are able to handle minimal programming.

Cons

The user interface is very basic and could probably use an update to modernize a bit. It would also be nice if the front-end interface could be more highly customized. I use Zoho Creator mostly to create forms that I'm sending to people who don't require something super pretty with lots of graphic design. If i needed a visually compelling form, Zoho would not be my choice because it isn't rich in those features.

Irv
  • Industry: Facilities Services

• Customer Support Software

Build applications quickly and instantly improve your team!

Reviewed on 2017-04-14

The applications I have built and also help create have been essential in reorganizing our management team, allowing everyone to track issues and leads in a centralized location, removing the reliance of email trails and phone calls. Without this software, our processes would be completely differently and likely lacking in structure and reliability.

It is important to understand that this software is primarily learned on the go, though it is user friendly for non-programmers. There are several missing scripting functionalities I found were not available at this time or the coming future. My biggest issue was the field number limit which caused issues when creating surveys with multiple drop down options.

Pros

Easy to learn and allows free flow scripting for advanced users
Perfect for building your own web based applications
Ability for multiple users to edit applications simultaneously
Great community of supporting users

Cons

Maximum field # for forms is 70, anything else will break the app
Very slow load time for multiple "on user input" field actions
Poor internal support (several outstanding tickets without a response 1 week plus)
Deluge script is only used for Zoho to my knowledge

Debra
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Easy to learn, immediate results, excellent support, flexible.

Reviewed on 2017-10-12

I use this software to manage over 400 architecture licenses. It is also used to keep track of the continuing education (CE) units required by each jurisdiction. These two databases are relational in nature. The reporting tools I use alert me to which licenses are up for renewal and how many CE units are needed in order to renew. Very valuable tool since a lapsed license will put the firm at legal risk.

Pros

Flexibility and it is easy to get up and running without a lot of effort. Good import/export tools and great reporting functions

Cons

The fact that the results columns from a basic search are not editable. Also, the "view" results when you click on a record has limited fields. Must view the whole record using the "edit" feature instead.

Johannes
  • Industry: Facilities Services

• Customer Support Software

Great value for the money for the do it yourselfer

Reviewed on 2017-06-07

Pros

Zoho creator is easy to use and learn! Creating a basic application can be done in as little as a few minutes and it as the developer gain greater knowledge, there are able to build a powerful application with automation and workflows. There are even pre-made applications that you can adjust to tailor to you specific business needs.

Cons

The customer support isn't as great as I would like but it's hard to complain for the money. Also, sometimes if your application is gets too complex, I've experienced some lag.

Zoho Creator is a Winner in Running Applications

Reviewed on 2018-10-30

Pros

This software is a winner with what it has to offer. I like the fact that it can check and monitor if there are bugs in the system. We work from our desktops, tablets and phones, and this software is able to run applications without giving me any headaches. I love the graphics and I know that are gadgets are always protected and secured.

Cons

The customer support department is quite inept when it comes to issues and concerns. They need to train their staff to be quick to resolve issues so we don’t have to wait that long.

Pratik

Truly an Operating System for Business

Reviewed on 2019-03-29

My overall experience of working on logo to develop application was excellent. I have no plans of switching to another technology/platform.

Pros

As the zoho tagline said, Operating system for business. It is truly an amazing platform to run your business with ease. Being able to solve the clients business problems and helping them build an app with zoho platform is really an amazing experience.

Cons

If you are not a programmer then you need to hire a certified developer. That's all it takes and you are on you way to successful business app.

Jordan

• Customer Support Software

Very handy software (if you are already using Zoho One)

Reviewed on 2022-05-31

Pros

They make it extremely easy to build custom applications that can support your business operations. Everything is drag and drop, and integrates with various automations platforms (Zapier, Zoho Flow, Integromat)

Cons

The support documentation isn't always very clear, and there are some core functionalities that are missing that should be easy to add (i.e. providing a direct URL link to a record).

Airtable and Caspio

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Creator

Integration within the Zoho Suite
Akshay
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

• Customer Support Software

Good but HUGE scope of improvement

Reviewed on 2019-03-26

Except for the poor and overloaded customer support, great to use.

Except for the poor and overloaded customer support, great to use.

Pros

Superb product. Helps you save time and manpower. Great integrations and API linkage.

Cons

Requires too much of coding. Not too easy for start but maybe a couple of tries and you are can do it...but you need to learn a bit of coding.

Froilan
  • Industry: Wholesale

Great Database

Reviewed on 2019-01-10

I would rate it at 90 % of Satisfaction///

I would rate it at 90 % of Satisfaction///

Pros

The programing is Very simple and it has what seemd endless functions that can be used to improve business communication and Logistics Operation...

Cons

That it is Slow at time of loading most of the time..

Navneet

The Zoho Creator Review

Reviewed on 2023-01-29

My overall experience with Zoho creator was good.

My overall experience with Zoho creator was good.

Pros

Zoho Creator can be a good platform to start application development for those who do not have a lot of experience with coding. They can easily build their application as per their need using their drag-and-drop features. It is one of the best no-code platforms that once can try.

Cons

There is nothing to dislike about zoho creator. But the only thing is that you can build to a certain extent because, with no code platforms, you have some limitations like simple applications can be build easily but it is pretty hard to build complex applications with these no code platforms.

Tesh

Excellent Database Designer

Reviewed on 2017-07-21

Pros

In our work, we constantly maintain databases. First we used Excel for this purpose, but then realized that Zoho Creator is much better. Its main advantages are the possibility of teamwork and storage of our data in the cloud.

Cons

The administration was not able to offer customers a simple and understandable payment system. In order to understand the number of team users / projects you need to pay for, you need to contact technical support for assistance.

Chase

Great for reports!

Reviewed on 2018-02-14

Pros

Zoho creator gives you the ability to generate so many different reports for sales and inventory as well as others.

Cons

Sometimes when Zoho updates it can break a report or take away access that you may have granted but that is an easy fix.

• Industry: Program Development
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Zoho Creator review

Reviewed on 2018-10-18

Highly recommended for business operation

Highly recommended for business operation

Pros

Best application builder that has different functionalities suited for business and personal use. You can collaborate with the team and sync the updates while the development is ongoing. You can upload files and documents that can be use to be a source of database of your application. it has different templates that is ready to use and its highly customize to suited on the user requirements. No need for coding skills because its user-friendly. It has 15 days trial period for free.

Cons

the 15 days trial period. This can be promoted as free forever by setting some limitation on the functionality for free and paid.

Suvesh

Zoho Creator is a good tool to build apps for Business Process Improvement

Reviewed on 2023-01-25

We have built multiple business process improvement apps on Zoho Creator

We have built multiple business process improvement apps on Zoho Creator

Pros

Easy to build web or mobile based apps on top of the Zoho Ecosystem like Books, Analytics etc.

Cons

You need to know a bit of coding in SQL to build high quality or useful apps

A basic way to make an app quickly.

Reviewed on 2019-02-02

ZohoCreator is definitely for someone who needs an app made and has no knowledge on how to do it the traditional way. But, personally, I prefer using a more traditional method.

Pros

ZohoCreator allows people to create apps without the knowledge that would otherwise take months to years to learn. It’s very flexible and easy to use!

Cons

The graphical interface has room for improvement. While it is certainly easier to make apps, It still requires the ability to use their scripting language, Deluge, for more customization.